PDA

View Full Version : Altezza Taillights

GlowinGalant
01-25-2004, 08:53 PM
I see many different kinds of altezza taillights out there and i was wondering which were the better choice. im looking at the TYC Elegante, the chrome looking ones, not the black. anyone have any input?

mjc1055
01-25-2004, 08:57 PM
I have to say that I'm not a big fan of altezza taillights at all, but they look decent on some cars.. look at vic (vic_v_jr)'s car, i think they look pretty good on his. I think the color of the taillight you pick should be completely dependant on the color of your car, but for some reason i think they always come off as looking pretty cheap. JDM tails are much better, IMO

VIO
01-26-2004, 09:17 AM
I have to say that I'm not a big fan of altezza taillights at all, but they look decent on some cars.. look at vic (vic_v_jr)'s car, i think they look pretty good on his. I think the color of the taillight you pick should be completely dependant on the color of your car, but for some reason i think they always come off as looking pretty cheap. JDM tails are much better, IMO

i agree whole heartedly. i can't remember that last time i saw a car that had altezzas that looked good.

"Altezza tail lights! Act now and you can be the 100th person on your block to have a set!"

BXNYMitsu01
02-02-2004, 07:51 PM
I have had mine on since June and no one has them yet where I live. (That I haven't seen yet)

The 99 Galant
02-02-2004, 10:35 PM
I do and don't like Altezzas. Most people just go and get the first ones they see which are almost always the white ones. IMO the only time you should get the white or clear ones are when you have a light colored car. I have a black car so if i decide to get them i'm getting the black housed ones. The ones i really want though are the black smoked ones that are 3rd gen(i think) from the Accords. I like the ones that are darker than the normal ones cause they look less gaudy. But if i could pick from any type of rear light i'd get the ones off the new BMW 5 series or is it 7. They got that skinny pod that goes across the back of the rear instead of having that chrome piece where the keyhole for the trunk is. I also love the skyline's but we can't get them, what else is usual!!!

white_gtz
02-03-2004, 04:43 AM
http://www.midatlanticgalant.com/images/white_gtz/2.jpg

My CF ones don't look too bad on my White Girl. IMO.

TheRealDeal
02-03-2004, 09:45 AM
I got the black ones and no one here has them.

vic_v_jr
02-03-2004, 11:23 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjc1055)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have to say that I'm not a big fan of altezza taillights at all, but they look decent on some cars.. look at vic (vic_v_jr)'s car, i think they look pretty good on his.</div>

Thanks mjc1055...I appreciate the recognition and compliment. Some of you may already know this but I had a hard time trying to decide which tails i liked the most. I had in my possesion a pair each of 2nd Gen JDM's, 2002 stocks and altezzas. I tried them all on and finally decided on the Altezzas. It of course all rests upon the owners personal decision. Me personally, I like the different look of the black Altezzas. I get approached by people all the time asking me where I got them and complimenting me on how good it looks. However, I think we are fortunate in some sense because as far as Altezzas go.....there is not a large array of horrible looking altezzas like for Hondas. We have one set, modest looking, not too flashy (except the chrome housing), that looks good...and it helps that not every swinging dick is hooking up Galants...we are few, but we are strong.

Ollpen
02-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Well, decision is pretty obvious: Its your car!

If you like the Altezzas and like the attention it creates there should be no reason changing it. Personally i like the JDMs better, but they are also less stand-out and normal non-G-disturbed people will probably not see the difference. Keep it up and do what feels right for you, thats the only thing to worry about!