PDA

View Full Version : Got wheels but gotta problem help asap!

mike969mb
01-27-2004, 05:16 PM
I finally got my rims HP Evo 18 rims +40mm off set 5 x114.3mm, problem is on the front rims is that i can't put my center caps on cuz of a "thing" that sticks out with a pin, i don't know the proper name? Is there anything i could do? 8g. Help please don't wanna have to go and return the rims after all this trouble.

Mike

mochanges
01-27-2004, 06:41 PM
I had the same problem, you need different center caps from the wheel company. I had Speedy wheels and asked them to send me some caps that would fit. They are called "dome caps" and they are basically domed to fit over the hub. The ones you probably have now are flush caps and they will not fit over the hub.

-Mohammad

mike969mb
01-27-2004, 07:12 PM
thats exactly what i have, hopefully they make them. Gotta give HP racing a call or email them to see whats up. What is the thing that sticks out? Was trying to tell censee and could think of what it's called? But if i can get those caps it'd be perfect, i'm so happy with my wheels, they can make such a big difference.

Thanks,
mike

ChikagoGTZ
01-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Yeah, the encastlating nut that holds the driveshaft to the hub is a little to big...I was just talking to someone about this problem and the dome cap is the best bet....

Danger DANJ
01-27-2004, 07:19 PM
That part that sticks out is the driveshaft nut and a cotter pin.

BlankMan
01-27-2004, 08:48 PM
encastlating

My typing is poor enough so I know I shouldn't point this out - but that non-word stuck me as funny as hell... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

J

mike969mb
01-27-2004, 09:37 PM
That part that sticks out is the driveshaft nut and a cotter pin.

that sounds like something i guess i shouldn't remove, do most companies make dome caps?

Thanks everyone, glad to see life in TGC,
mike

mike969mb
01-28-2004, 08:11 AM
There are no domed caps for this wheel. You need a spacer in order to avoid
this problem.
HPR

This is what HP Racing told me, they responded quickly. So where can i get a wheel spacer and how big of a one do I need? Who sells them?

Thanks,
mike

Danger DANJ
01-28-2004, 12:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike969mb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>There are no domed caps for this wheel. Â*You need a spacer in order to avoid
this problem.
HPR
</div>

This is what HP Racing told me, they responded quickly. So where can i get a wheel spacer and how big of a one do I need? Who sells them?

Thanks,
mike</div>

You don't want wheel spacers. Your rims already have a 40mm offset, so if you get wheel spacers, your rims will stick out further away from the car. If they don't rub the fenders now, there is a good chance of that happening if you get wheel spacers. It also depends upon how wide your rims are, so how wide are they?

mike969mb
01-28-2004, 01:55 PM
My rims are 7.5 inches wide. Least on ebay they have wheel spacers any other non-ebay place i might look. Maybe local autoparts store? They have defirrent sizes from 8mm to like 25mm or 1 inch.
I'd really hate to have no center cap on my front wheels.

What to do?

mike

Danger DANJ
01-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Hmmm... Well, with a width of 7.5", you might get away with the 8mm spacers. If you ever lower the car, you could run into rubbing problems though. You could always just buy the spacers, and if they don't work out, just take them off and sell them on ebay or something. The question is, will an 8mm spacer be enough to get the center caps on?

mike969mb
02-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Well i got my spacers, probably arrived yesterday but just got home today, gotta find time to go and put them on. Hopefully it'll work out. 8mm seems to be pretty slim hopefully just enough of what i need.

Mike

mike969mb
02-15-2004, 09:25 AM
I finally put my spacers on and they look good, no more driveshaft or w/e it was sticking out of my rim, only thing is, that i'm willing to live with is my rims do stick out slightly now. Hopefully when i drop the front it wont rub or anything. But I just want a small drop nothing dramatic, probably EIBACH even though its for the V6.

Mike

Danger DANJ
02-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Glad to hear they worked out. Did you put spacers on the rear wheels or just the front? Anyway, if you are planning on changing your stock struts/shocks when you lower the car, you might want to look into the Tein Basic Dampers. That way you can adjust the height to a point where the fenders don't rub.

mike969mb
02-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Only put the spacers up front. Everyone says i have issues cuz i'm the only one who notices the slighttttttttttt different.

What are the specs on thos tein dampers? Price, drop range?

Thanks

Mike

Danger DANJ
02-17-2004, 08:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike969mb)</div><div class='quotemain'>Only put the spacers up front. Everyone says i have issues cuz i'm the only one who notices the slighttttttttttt different. Â*

What are the specs on thos tein dampers? Price, drop range?

Thanks

Mike</div>

The Tein Basic Dampers are shocks/struts and adjustable springs all in one. The only thing you need to use from your stock suspension is the upper mounts. I've seen them for $809 shipped over on Club 3G. You might be able to find them cheaper on a site like www.groupbuycenter.com or something. You can lower the car within a decent range of your choice. The only thing is that the shock/struts don't have adjustable dampening like the KYB AGXs do. The Tein Basic shocks/struts are more like the KYB GR-2s. Click here ('http://tein.com/badamp.html').