PDA

View Full Version : Power antenna is acting up

Shewy12
01-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Alright, here's the problem: After my car was broken into, and I replaced my cd player/dash, hooked everything up properly, and everything worked perfectly again. After about a week, my antenna just stays up and wont go back into the housing. Heres the thing, the antenna still runs (when I turn on the car [radio] the motor to the antenna still makes the retracting noise like its working) but the antenna wont go down. Any ideas?

Ositoyb
01-29-2004, 11:23 AM
try when you turn off yoru radio, the antenna should make the retracting noise, while its doing that, push the antenna down, if it retracts then its most likely the white little rip cord that is messed up. its probably worn out or it may have broken.

VA_LANCER_RACER
01-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Maybe it's just stuck, try spraying some wd40 on it.

Shewy12
02-02-2004, 10:10 AM
I tried lubricating the antenna with WD-40... no luck. I was thinking, if the cord is snapped, shouldn't I be able to push the antenna in easily while the motor is trying to pull it in?? I can push the antenna in slightly, it has a little recoil, but no significant movement. What should I do? Maybe remove the motor assembly and clean it all out?

Ositoyb
02-02-2004, 11:11 AM
i dunno, sounds like it the actual cord. you could try and clean the actual motor, adn while your doing that, check to see if there is anything else wrong.