PDA

View Full Version : tranny swap parts list

galantin
01-31-2004, 05:23 PM
ive had a lot of people asking for this so here it is. if you can put a clutch in a fwd car then you can do this. the only hard part was benchpressing the manual tranny up and getting the input shaft to line up at the same time, but with the help of a few freinds even that wasnt that bed. heres the list

tranny
flywheel/clutch
shifter and cables
starter
upper and lower inspection covers(upper is in-between the engine and tranny) some people call it a starter plate
master and slave cylinders with hydro line
clutch and brake pedals and brackets
top and rear tranny mount brackets (go in-between the acutal mount and the tranny)
top tranny mount, your old rear one will work
the front mount that looks different on the manual will actually work, but if you want to use the manual one get the mount and bracket
pressure plate bolts
manual flywheel bolts (longer)

i highly recomend getting all your parts at the same time from a donor car, i did it the hard way just putting it together one peice at a time finding out what i needed along the way. the whole swap only took a day or two in my driveway but my car was down for rwo weeks because of me trying to get parts.

that is what you need to get it working, you need to get the shift boot and a shift knob and if you want, the IP cluster.

some say you need the manual ECU and harness, but im not using it on my 95 and i have no engine light and every thing works fine with just a small mod to the auto harness. probably on 96+ you will get an engine light without those two, but i doubt drivability will be a problem.
if you have any questions just let me know

MSD ignition
manual swap

sethmo
02-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Looks good. How hard was the actual clutch/brake pedal assembly installation? I hear its the hardest part of the whole swap.

I have all my parts cept the pedal assembly and shifter cables, which are on their way :wink:

I too bought parts seperately, took forever, but I finally got almost everything. Now alls I really have to do is order my 4g63t on Monday 8)

galantin
02-08-2004, 10:31 PM
not hard, just a tight spot to work in. just take the brake pedal bracket off first then the clutch pedal bracket. then start with the clutch pedal braket when you put the new ones in.

Mindless
02-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Which clutch kit did you go with? Also what flywheel did you use?

I've been looking at Exedy clutch kits and Fidanza flywheels. Any opinions/suggestions?