PDA

View Full Version : KYB AGX + Progress Galant Springs = Hella nice ride.

burthold
09-20-2002, 03:29 PM
OH MY GOD! It is night and day diffrent. I have my KYB's all set at two and the ride is just amazing. It grips the road better and corners better with less roll. It is a tad bit stiffer than the stock ride I remember but after riding on blown struts for three months it is an unbeliveable improvment in handling. If anyone is riding the fence about the KYB's they are just beautiful. I'm glad I waited to do the springs and struts and camber kits all at once I think I would have been less than happy with just the progress springs on stock struts.

Wes

Auto-9
09-20-2002, 05:21 PM
Yeah I kinda gathered that from the reviews over at Club 3G also...kinda hoping my suspension goes on me so I can buy a set https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif See how they work with my Pro-Kit...

Tiller
09-20-2002, 10:53 PM
congrats on the install... what wheels are you running... stock or no...?

Tiller
09-20-2002, 10:54 PM
you gonna post some pics...?

TJC
09-20-2002, 10:58 PM
Congrats on your new suspension setup Wes. So KYB's all around with Progress for Galants aren't too stiff huh? I'd like to know what profile tires you got on.

Once again, Good Job. :thumbsup:

GTZ
09-20-2002, 11:08 PM
A question for you guys.

Where do you adjust for the rear shock? Inside the trunk?

I got all 4 of my shocks sitting home and don't have the time to get it installed yet. Hopefully next week I'll have the time. I got quoted $200 to installed all 4 shocks and the pro kit springs and aligment. Is that a god price? Thanks everyone! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

I'll keep you guys updated once it's been installed

Ghost Beat
09-21-2002, 04:24 AM
i got the rears on mine and im on gc coils my fronts are preety much shot i need to put my fonts on therye sitting behind me right now just havent gotten around to it cant wait to put them on tough

PS. The rear shocks are a bitch to adjust so make sure you find a setting you like before you put the seat on theyre not in the trunk theyre in the back of your car you gota take the back seat out to adjust them granted its not that hard to take out the back seat just the 2 clips on the bottom for the bottom part and 3 bolts and a hook hold in the back rest just undo the bolds 1 on each side and the middle and and lift up so it comes off the hook thats in about the middle of the seat and to your sides is where the shocks are like i said not hard but wouldnt wana do that just to change the setting so i took mine out for a test spin before setteling on 3 and putting my seat back on most people seem to like it at 2 tough

BGR
09-21-2002, 03:45 PM
That sounds cool Wes. Were you driving with blown struts and you weren't dropped yet? So far my stock struts are holding good at 43,000+ miles on them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got all 4 of my shocks sitting home and don't have the time to get it installed yet. Â*Hopefully next week I'll have the time. Â*I got quoted $200 to installed all 4 shocks and the pro kit springs and aligment. Â*Is that a good price?</div>

$200 is a pretty damn good price. I paid $150 to have just the Progress springs installed and it took them only 45 minutes to do it. I then paid another $69 for an alignment at a different shop. You're getting all this, plus KYB struts installed for less.

burthold
09-21-2002, 05:06 PM
No pics yet. I am sitting in Dallas ATM without my camera. We rode in the car several times and the guys who did the install adjusted the KYB's so I didn't have to mess with the rear adjustments. BTW they adjust on the top just like the struts. I had the areospeed coilovers on stock struts. I had it pretty low lower than the progress drop the fronts. So, that ate the front stuts up and the last three months the ride was not only crap but unsafe. I had the alignment done and my castor is still out. It is set from the factory and there is no way to adjust it. I did have front and rear camber kits put on this time and that is corrected so the car has a little drift to the right. I would have to install custom strut mount plates to add the castor adjustments in and that would cost some bucks. The local speed shop Pro Tech here in Austin did the install 150 for the struts and springs 150 for the 4 camber kits I had it aligned at a NTB that uses a laser light system that cost 60 bucks. I am running on 17" moda R6 rims with nitto 450's I think they are a 215 45's they ride great. I didn't go with 18's because of ride quality. The more rubber you have the better the ride. I think setting them at 2 in the rear was fine. I don't know if I would go stiffer.

Wes