PDA

View Full Version : Probly a redundant question, but...

o0 XeRO G 0o
09-20-2002, 03:30 PM
I'm scared to ask this cuz I'm sure it's been asked before, and I can tell the veterans are getting tired of constantly asked questions. :? But here goes...

What kind of major complications will I run into when I try to fit a 8G Shogun body kit on a 7G? I love the way the 8G body kit gets rid of the grill and stuff, and the custom auto shop said it probably wouldnt be a big problem, but they've only worked with a few Galants before, and they've never tried this before.

If this has been asked a few time before, please dont get mad. I've tried searchin for it, but to no luck. Maybe I'm just stupid... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Kain
09-20-2002, 03:42 PM
I really don't think it's ever been tried. I'd lean towart the impossibility of it considering the 7g is more curved across the front than the 8g. Why not just get a 7g kit?

Mindless
09-20-2002, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't bother dude. That just seems like a waste of money IMO, but you would score major points for originality, if it would work.

brandon
09-20-2002, 03:59 PM
I definitely haven't heard of anyone trying it, but mad props to you if you go with it. It'll probably take a whole lot of cutting and grinding, and a whole lotta bondo, but anything is possible.

o0 XeRO G 0o
09-20-2002, 06:41 PM
I just thought that the 8G kit looks alot sportier and everything. I think I'll go through with it, that is if the auto shop will ever get back to me about the price they can get the front bumper for. I've been waiting for them to get a price back from their distributor for almost 2 weeks... We'll have to wait and see...

Jesse
09-23-2002, 03:41 PM
hell, if you're going to go through the work of getting a body kit custom made to fit the car, look at the market. There are tons and tons of kits to be fitted for the 7g that look way better then the 8g one and cost way less.

Look at buddy club, street fyghter, black widow, veilside (hell yeah), and many others. Especially ones for civics, those are a dime a dozen.

o0 XeRO G 0o
09-24-2002, 09:34 PM
well, I got word back from the auto body shop. And good news. They can get it for me 850 shipped and in my hands. :shock: Not bad in my opinion.

Now I just gotta wait til I can get the money... :cry: