PDA

View Full Version : EVO VIII Intake manifold questions

Max_Jinas
02-07-2004, 04:04 PM
I know that our intake manifold is pretty awesome already, but I was looking around on the net and i found an intake manifold. Its hella expensive, and I am going N/A with nitrous, and was wondering if this would...

A)be worth the price

B)fit on the 4g64 (i know the exhaust manifold bolt pattern is the same as eclipses of the past, but I want to know about the intake manifold bolt patterns, since our intake goes the opposite direction)

and

C)a good idea for a NA car?

http://www.lancershop.com/engine_parts_evo_8.htm ('http://www.lancershop.com/engine_parts_evo_8.htm')

Its the second product down.

I was also wondering, I know our fuel system runs rich. But, if I increase the intake and exhaust flow, do i need to also increase the amount of fuel that goes to the combustion chamber (ie. fuel pump, larger diameter fuel hoses, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, etc.) I dont plan on running a large shot of nitrous, maybe just a 50 shot. Until I can rebuild the block with some better pistons and rods. Any help would be appreciated!

Stewi
02-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Im doing the EVO headswap on my 8g and i was looking into what your doing a while ago. Im almost positive that it wont fit, something with the way the fuel injectors are mounted and stuff like that. Even if it does, for the price its not worth the trouble and money. It would be good for an N/A car to have a better intake mani, but you can improve stuff by gettin a better intake, a larger throttle body and stuff like that. Also if your going N/A get high compression pistons so u make more power. With the high comp, be CAREFUL about your nitrous.

extremsprt86
02-11-2004, 05:50 PM
would the exhaust manifold fit?.... cuz turbo is the shizznot!

Stewi
02-14-2004, 08:24 PM
yeah the exhaust mani would fit fine, remember tho, its a twin scroll manifold on the EVO8 if u aint got a mitsu twin scroll 16g then dont bother. just use the mani from a 2g Eclipse GS-T or GSX. also dont forget the o2 housing. mani and housing should cost about $300 used.