PDA

View Full Version : removal of inner pieces

tribal
02-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get the door pannel/woodgrain pieces off. I searched, but didnt find any posts that really explained it. Are their clips or screws im missing? Thanks.

mrjaydeeone
02-07-2004, 06:44 PM
I am looking to do the same thing
I was told that you have to remove the full door panel and then there are screws that hold the trim pieces in

Niytrus
02-07-2004, 07:31 PM
your exactly right, you do need to remove the entire door panel. There are about 4 screws holding it on, then its held on by clips (1 screw behind door handle). From that point, gently pry it off from the clips. It is then held on slightly by a metal piece that slides in by the glass. So lift up on your door panel and it should pull out. YOu can then take out your trim
Good luck https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

clone2020
02-07-2004, 08:09 PM
You mean wood grain window switch pieces? Once you get the inner door piece off, the wood trim are held on my screws to the door panel. Just unscrew the black screws and then it pops out.

-MIKE.

VIO
02-08-2004, 12:38 AM
make sure that when you put the pieces back on the doors you get the same screws in the same places. there are two screws that are shorter then the other screws. if you put the longer screws in the spot that the short screws came from it will cause two bumps in the plastic right under the trim on the door. the bumps will also turn white and it will be very very noticeable. cheers.

The 99 Galant
02-08-2004, 01:00 AM
ok ok ok, this is a pretty easy straight forward ordeal here but its very annoying. First you must remove your entire door. This isn't too hard and anyone who's changed the door speakers knows how to do it. Then to get the woodgrain parts out there are some screws that need to come out. First you got to remove the little tray part and the lock/window switches. You'll see the screws and clips holding it. Be sure to be kinda gentle when unattaching the pieces. The pieces are held by a pressure flap and if pryed off too hard they'll break. Remember which screws had clips and which didn't. From there is all up to you with what you do. Also,FYI, if you are adding larger depth speakers,3" or more, and have spacers you'll need to saw off the ring around to the speaker grill on the door. When you look at the inside of the door you'll notice a ring going around the grill. Saw it off and put some type of sound deadner on it. If you don't the speaker when it moves may hit it and caseu damage or it won't sound right.