PDA

View Full Version : I think my tranny took another shit!

white7g
02-09-2004, 12:29 AM
whats up everyone!just yesterday my tranny on my 7g broke down for the 3rd time, my check engin light turned on THEN MY GEARS STARTED SHIFTING BACK AND FOURTH INTO DIFFERENT GEARS NOW I THINK IM STUCK IN NUTERAL , THE ENGIN REVS JUST FINE . I HAD JUST GOT MY TRANNY FULLY REBUILT FOR THE 3RD TIME A MONTH AGO. YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT IT CAN BE? IM THINKING IT MIGHT BE MY MY TRANNY INTERNALS OR COMPUTER PLEASE HELP ANYBODY

sethmo
02-09-2004, 12:45 AM
get rid of it man. If my tranny went out once I would either find a new tranny or swap to 5spd. No point in keep rebuilding a tranny that keeps giving you problems...

white7g
02-09-2004, 12:48 AM
what would it run me to do the swap by sombody els?

peanotation
02-09-2004, 12:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(white7g)</div><div class='quotemain'>what would it run me to do the swap by sombody els?</div>

about the same as getting it rebuilt. dont rebuild trannies, spend hte extra hundred bucks and get a new one, or put a little research in and get a 5spd, and have it never crap out for a very long time

white7g
02-09-2004, 12:57 AM
the machanic that rebuilt my tranny gave me a 1 year waranty but if its my computer then it is not covered. wy would my check engin light come on

bronxbombr
02-09-2004, 02:05 PM
dont know why the light would go on like that but everyone is right about the tranny, better to get a new one than to keep rebuilding that old one. I have 3 trannies and so far none have needed any work done to them. 1 I had rebuilt just cuz i was gonna go turbo or hybrid. Go check on that warranty and see if they will fix it for free.

Mindless
02-09-2004, 02:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>get rid of it man. Â*If my tranny went out once I would either find a new tranny or swap to 5spd. Â*No point in keep rebuilding a tranny that keeps giving you problems...</div>

Exactly.....