PDA

View Full Version : Overheating!

xpldy
02-10-2004, 04:33 PM
I've never had a problem with overheating...until today :cry: on my way home from school the engine temp. gauge started going up...and up and up. By the time i got to my friends house it was as high as it could get. It cooled down to normal (or even below) in like 5 minutes. On my way home, it was fine when i was stopped but it got warmer when i moved. i just had the distributor cap replaced if that means anything. Any ideas what this could be and what to do for it?

QnzMostWanted
02-10-2004, 04:38 PM
let ur car run idle and see if ur fan kick on

bronxbombr
02-10-2004, 05:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Qnzfinestplaya)</div><div class='quotemain'>let ur car run idle and see if ur fan kick on</div>

and then check your thermostat, water pump, and check the fan fuse too.

sethmo
02-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Most likely your thermostat

bronxbombr
02-10-2004, 05:38 PM
well i got the whole thermostat housing with the stat in it for sale and if not and its the water pump "you know....where to go......." :twisted:

xpldy
02-10-2004, 07:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'>well i got the whole thermostat housing with the stat in it for sale and if not and its the water pump "you know....where to go......." :twisted:</div>
thanks man...well my car actually overheated and stopped, but luckily i was near a friends house and his dad helped me.
my overcharging place (that wanted to charge 900 for a/c compressor) wanted120 for water pump and 40 for thermostat and a little over 100 for belts (which i had replaced like 3 weeks ago) but 300 FOR LABOR!...i hate the mechanics in summerlin https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif
im waiting for another estimate as i write this so hopefully his will be more reasonable

bronxbombr
02-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Well good luck and i hope all works well.

xpldy
02-10-2004, 07:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well good luck and i hope all works well.</div>
thanks man and the the other place quoted me at 417 total...damned car expenses :cry: