PDA

View Full Version : advice on what to do first?

extremsprt86
02-10-2004, 09:08 PM
looking at the ralli art seats and a set of rims, wondering what to get first.
18"
http://www.gtpower.net/adr/fuelb5.jpg

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/30057037/Images/RS-RS8-RA.jpg

or other seats

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/30057037/Images/RS-Ralliart-bkbk.jpg

sethmo
02-10-2004, 09:10 PM
RalliArt never made seats. Those are just Generic seats with RalliArt stitched in em, just wanted you to know :wink:

extremsprt86
02-10-2004, 09:12 PM
i feel ya seth, but i like em, and its a good deal on some buckets!

sethmo
02-10-2004, 09:16 PM
they look nice and comfy, how much are they?

xpldy
02-10-2004, 09:21 PM
dont really like the rims, but definitely rims b4 seats

extremsprt86
02-10-2004, 09:22 PM
315$ buy it now plus about 90 shipped with insurance

edit, thats the cost for the gray and black ones, the all black ones are less, like 298 or sumthin. peep ebay, type in "ralliart"

VIO
02-11-2004, 07:17 AM
the rims for sure. those rims are sick by the way. clean, simple and classy. they look sporty but with a reserved class that you would see on a bmw. they don't scream "look at me" but i bet on an 8g they'd catch everyone's eye. especially in 18". cheers.

pinoyesv6
02-11-2004, 07:34 AM
if you were me, i'd go for the wheels first. it costs more, and it will improve the overall look of my car.

but if money doesn't come quick to you, you might wanna get the seats first. just cuz having nice plus sized rims with low profile tires can get expensive. the initial price of getting the wheels to just keeping up with them, getting them repaired if you bend time, flat tires, replacing the tires when they get bald and etc.

The 99 Galant
02-11-2004, 07:02 PM
i helped design and mod some cars with a guy's shop before and wheels were always the last thing he'd do. Have the time people don't know what they want their car to look like or what it'll look like with kits, paint, all them exterior mods and all. Everytime he'd do a car he'd get the metal all fixed up and done or mostly done, and then get the cust to choose a set of wheels that'd fit the style of the car. I'd say go with the seats first. I'd personally do everything inside first cause you don't want to draw all this attention to the outside of your car and have nothing to show for it on the inside. If you're going for just a nice semi show car get the audio stuff figured out first cause a good install can be heard way before your wheels can be seen. In the long scheme of things I think wheels are the least expensive of things. You pick one set and get them and keep them for a while and get tyres as needed. With audio and the interior there's always something someone can think of sticking in your car or you just want better. Go interior first and then the outside.

Danger DANJ
02-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Rims first. I just don't think rolling around with hub caps and racing seats looks too good.

extremsprt86
02-11-2004, 09:30 PM
thanks everyone, ill take all this into consideration and make a choice with my next payday.

Z
02-12-2004, 06:00 PM
what about saving up and buying both at the same time?

The 99 Galant
02-12-2004, 06:36 PM
but having "rims" and nothing else to shows is just like them civics. They get "rims" and euro lights and maybe them gross aluminum wings and thats it. Who cares if you can't "bling" it for a while, make your car a sleeper and that'll get more attention and better attention anyways. And rims and wheels are for rappers and crackers and girl who don't know the difference, real guys get wheels and tyres.