PDA

View Full Version : 8g Brembro roters need help

IceDouTGaLanT
02-12-2004, 10:38 PM
hey i recenlty noticed my brakes make noises when i brake.. now it sounds like thiers water in my breaks when i brake like when i brake its liek thiers water inside them. i dont know how i washed my car 2 weeks ago so i dunno what it is. i mean we had snow and i pulled my ebrake handle maybe snow enters the rear disks? i dunno wtf im talkin bout maybe one of you guys know and can help me thanks.
-ron

mjc1055
02-12-2004, 10:47 PM
What do you mean "it sounds like there's water in them..."

Like, the squeek when you brake? That means your brake pads are getting low and need to be replaced soon.

clone2020
02-13-2004, 03:02 AM
Yeah, check your brake pads...

-MIKE.

Fishboy55
02-13-2004, 01:32 PM
If you got slotted and drilled rotors, they're supposed to make noise when you brake. They're doing their job and cleaning themselves. If it's a squeak, then you either didn't put enough anti-squeak paste on when you replaced the pads or like others said, the pads are worn.

IceDouTGaLanT
02-16-2004, 08:15 PM
no its not an squak . the noise soudn slike ... you know when u drink alot of water and u shake ur tummy that watery sound it sounds like that. i dunno what it can be its the funnyist sound never herd of it. im goign to the shop.

BlueESV6
02-17-2004, 07:41 PM
I have cross drilled and they will make a "whooshing" noise when braking hard.... I'd be worried if your not stopping! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

They still "bite" when your braking?

Liszt
02-17-2004, 07:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>no its not an squak . the noise soudn slike ... you know when u drink alot of water and u shake ur tummy that watery sound it sounds like that. i dunno what it can be its the funnyist sound never herd of it. im goign to the shop.</div>

you may be hearing the gas in your gas tank

mjc1055
02-17-2004, 07:55 PM
Yeah, wasn't there some issue with some of our galants not having enough/any sound deadening around the gas tank area? i remember there being a post about that a while back.

Gilhuly
02-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Do you have the rear seat pass-thru open? I notice when I've had this open I hear a lot of the rear brake noise from the drilled rotors.