PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl- need advice

errika
02-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Hey everyone,

I found a local guy that is charging me $650.00 to reupholster (spelling?) my car from cloth to vinyl. That is not including the door panels. Do you think thats to much? And he keeps saying that vinyl is better than leather? I find that hard to believe. Anywaz he is doing a two tone look to it.

Whatta all think?

Erika

BlankMan
02-17-2004, 11:52 AM
If he's doing total custom, I think that's a decent price. If he's buying covers from a kit - like Katzkin - then it might be on the high-side, especially if it doesn't include door panels. As far as which is better? It really depends on use and care. Properly cared for, leather will outlast vinyl. But vinyl can take more abuse and will last longer without proper care. Most leather kits - OE and aftermarket - still use vinyl for the area's that get the most wear. I belive even the Katzkins are only leather on the inserts... could be wrong, though.

J

errika
02-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Yes he is doing all custom work....so ya i think im gonna go ahead and do it.. Besides I know it will look way better than what I have now....my backseat is all stain up from kids juice...hahaha

erika

Dominicano
02-17-2004, 01:46 PM
katzkin does leather on the top part of the front seats and everything on the sides and back is leather. for the rear seats only the insert are leather and everything else is vynil. katzkin kits actually have more leather then the oem seats