PDA

View Full Version : alarm problems

rodt0331
02-17-2004, 04:42 PM
i have the alarm that came with the car and for some reason the horn doesnt work everything work fine ecxept the horn when the alarm goes off.

the head and tail lights flash when the alarm is going off the engine doesnt turn on what do you guys think the problem is?

and where excatly is the horn for the alarm?

Fishboy55
02-17-2004, 05:13 PM
You have two horns. One is up in the fender well near where the intake box is or was. The other is down by your wheel, near where the CAI would be. I don't know which one blows when the alarm is triggered, but the standard horn from your steering wheel is the lower one. The upper one is the one that goes off when you set the alarm.

bmoregtz
08-03-2004, 02:46 PM
i am having the same problem with my factory alarm. evrything works but the horn. i know there is two seperate horns, one for your sterring wheel and one for the alarm. but what do u have to do to fix the problem of the horn not sounding when you press the lokc button on the remote?

pinoyesv6
08-03-2004, 02:57 PM
sounds to me maybe the horn confirmation might be turned off.

with your key fob, hold the lock button for 4-10 seconds. then somewhere in that 4-10 seconds press the unlock button. then release them both at the same time.

thats how you activate or deactivate the horn confirmation

bmoregtz
08-04-2004, 10:02 PM
i tried programing the key and i even tested the alarm horn but it still doesnt work. i wanna check the fuses but i dont know which one is for the alarm. anyone know?

pinoyesv6
08-05-2004, 11:04 AM
does the steering wheel horn work??