PDA

View Full Version : brake lines

rodt0331
02-17-2004, 04:49 PM
has anybody change their brake lines im thinking about doing this but i dont know where to get them and how hard are they to intall?

can somebody help me out

im talking about the stainless steal brake lines

91GALANTDRIVER
02-17-2004, 05:15 PM
you could try www.tirerackcom or even Ebay.

rodt0331
02-17-2004, 05:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(91GALANTDRIVER)</div><div class='quotemain'>you could try www.tirerackcom or even Ebay.</div>

i dint see anything there just rotors and pads

mochanges
02-18-2004, 12:26 AM
Tirerack has them, so does roadraceengineering.com

-Mohammad

Danger DANJ
02-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Installing them is fairly easy if you know how to bleed the brakes. I've never actually done that before, but I've seen it done and my Father knows how to do it.

Fishboy55
02-18-2004, 05:51 PM
I've got them. Bernard and I installed them. They're made by Goodridge. The install is not as easy as you may think, especially the fronts. The hard part is getting the stock lines off the feed tubes without damaging the brass fittings or the tubes. Getting the bottom fitting off the calipers is easy. There's also a special tool required called a brake line wrench that you're going to need. David is right, extensive bleeding is required, and you will lose all your brake fluid when you remove the first line, so buy a quart bottle.

bronxbombr
02-19-2004, 01:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Installing them is fairly easy if you know how to bleed the brakes. I've never actually done that before, but I've seen it done and my Father knows how to do it.</div>

Ditto, me too

ChikagoGTZ
03-26-2004, 12:13 PM
I've got some Techna-Fit SS Braided lines and I'm gonna put them on sometime next week. When you are gonna remove the line, or a caliper, you can open the fluid resivoir and place a piece of saran wrap over it, this will create a vacuum and stop all the fluid from draining out (reducing your bleeding time significantly. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Where do you get the brake line wrench???

ChikagoGTZ
03-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Oh, you mean a spanner....yeah, this is necessary so you dont strip the connection off...what size spanner did you use????