PDA

View Full Version : 3G Eclipse Dash in a 8G Galant?

Eclipse71985
02-18-2004, 07:40 AM
Can I just take the plastic fuse box cover off an Eclipse (3G) and use it with the Galant?
Also what about the steering wheel from a 3G Eclipse in a 8G?

Danger DANJ
02-18-2004, 11:46 AM
It depends. There are like 3 different shaped fuse boxes for the 8G Galant and I'm not sure if there are different ones for the 3G Eclipse. I know that a fuse box cover from a 2000 Eclipse will fit my 1999 V6 Galant, but that's all I can tell you.

Eclipse71985
02-18-2004, 01:28 PM
You are talking about the one inside the car when you open the door not under the hood correct? I just want to make sure I'm getting the right information.
Thanks for the reply!

BlankMan
02-18-2004, 01:48 PM
I believe David was referring the the fuse box under the hood. The cover for the one in the cabin is not inter-changeable.

J

Eclipse71985
02-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Are they at least the same size? In the car that is.

Reelax
02-18-2004, 02:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eclipse71985)</div><div class='quotemain'>Are they at least the same size? In the car that is.</div>

i highly doubt it.

Eclipse71985
02-18-2004, 04:39 PM
anyone know how tall and wide the flat side is of the cover?

I really want to know because I'm trying to find out how hard it will be to swap an eclipse dash into the 8g and one problem that I can think of is that the eclipse dash will stick out too much and cause a problem with the door panels.

Danger DANJ
02-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Oh, I was talking about under the hood.

I'm confused then. Why does it matter if the fuse cover from an Eclipse fits a Galant if you are trying to swap the whole Eclipse dash into the Galant anyway?

Eclipse71985
02-19-2004, 06:18 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Oh, I was talking about under the hood.

I'm confused then. Why does it matter if the fuse cover from an Eclipse fits a Galant if you are trying to swap the whole Eclipse dash into the Galant anyway?</div>

arn't both the fuse box covers in the car on the galant and eclipse on the side of of the dash and is covered by the drivers side door when closed? If it is then if both fuse box covers are the same or about the same size then I don't think I should have much trouble with the dash sticking out too much. I hope. Then again the eclipse dash is all plastic so it can be trimed.
I'm hoping that both the 3G eclipse and the 8G are based on about the platform, as it seems it is.
It sucks that I don't have both cars side by side yet, I'm still just planing about doing a project 8g galant seeing how the prices have droped a lot and how a beat up one can be had at a decent cost on ebay. Only if I can't swap the dash and steering wheel then I don't really want one. The dash is important because I want to change the interior color but don't want to dye the whole dash I don't think it will come out even and I have a 3G now and really like the eclipse dash and I havn't seen one or anyone try to swap one in but might now seeing that I just tossed out the ideal.

RedGalant2k1
02-20-2004, 05:04 AM
Here is a picture of the in-car fuse box for the Galant.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p834667e1f73bd2f80c534371bc434bff/fd657c60.jpg

I know its not the best picture. And don't mind the red circle, I had done that to show people where I wired my strobe lights to.

BlankMan
02-20-2004, 09:32 AM
...And don't mind the red circle...

What about the little red X? that's all I see... check your link.

J

Wolfman
02-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Oh, I was talking about under the hood.

I'm confused then. Why does it matter if the fuse cover from an Eclipse fits a Galant if you are trying to swap the whole Eclipse dash into the Galant anyway?

arn't both the fuse box covers in the car on the galant and eclipse on the side of of the dash and is covered by the drivers side door when closed? If it is then if both fuse box covers are the same or about the same size then I don't think I should have much trouble with the dash sticking out too much. I hope. Then again the eclipse dash is all plastic so it can be trimed.
I'm hoping that both the 3G eclipse and the 8G are based on about the platform, as it seems it is.
It sucks that I don't have both cars side by side yet, I'm still just planing about doing a project 8g galant seeing how the prices have droped a lot and how a beat up one can be had at a decent cost on ebay. Only if I can't swap the dash and steering wheel then I don't really want one. The dash is important because I want to change the interior color but don't want to dye the whole dash I don't think it will come out even and I have a 3G now and really like the eclipse dash and I havn't seen one or anyone try to swap one in but might now seeing that I just tossed out the ideal.

Do you like the dash as a whole or the gauge clister cause if you just liek the gauge cluster you can probably swap out one for the other and save some time, on the other hand, I have a feeling you are in favor of the latter. good luck and take some pics if you end up doing it.

Eclipse71985
02-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Here is a picture of the in-car fuse box for the Galant.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p834667e1f73bd2f80c534371bc434bff/fd657c60.jpg

I know its not the best picture. And don't mind the red circle, I had done that to show people where I wired my strobe lights to.

That looks close to the 3G eclipse. Do you have a picture of the whole side? Thanks for that pic, it almost looks like the eclipse and galant share the same fuse board.

Do you like the dash as a whole or the gauge clister cause if you just liek the gauge cluster you can probably swap out one for the other and save some time, on the other hand, I have a feeling you are in favor of the latter. good luck and take some pics if you end up doing it.

Well I really like the style of the eclipse dash and the gauges also, I think it will give the Galants interior more of a sporty look. Another thing is that I have yet to see one in a Galant.

DryBear
02-20-2004, 05:16 PM
What are the measurements on the Eclipse dash? That would be cool if you could do it.

Eclipse71985
02-20-2004, 06:25 PM
What are the measurements on the Eclipse dash? That would be cool if you could do it.

What I got from the fuse box panel for the eclipse is about 7" wide and 13.5" tall.

With the doors closed I got about 53" wide on the dash

With the steering wheel at its lowest spot and from top center of the steering wheel to the bottom of the windsheild was about 28.5

In the picture below I have a screw like in the red square in my eclipse and it seems to be in the same spot and I got about 8 3/4" from that to the front of the dash as level as I can get it.

http://home.comcast.net/~eclipse71985/eclipse71985/fd657c60.jpg

I don't have a digital camera so I can't take pics right now.

Eclipse71985
02-22-2004, 01:12 PM
I just noticed I posted this thread in the wrong forum, can a MOD move this for me?
Sorry next time I will make sure I put my post in the right forum.

RedGalant2k1
02-23-2004, 03:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eclipse71985)</div><div class='quotemain'>I just noticed I posted this thread in the wrong forum, can a MOD move this for me? Â*
Sorry next time I will make sure I put my post in the right forum.</div>

Well you are talking about general 8G related information, so it fine by me being posted here.

And btw, do you want me to take a more direct side shot of my fuse boxe for you?

Eclipse71985
02-23-2004, 01:21 PM
I think all I need now to even consider giving this a shot is if someone can measure their Galant dash. In the red square of that picture above should be a screw (i hope it is lol) anyways if someone can measure from that screw stright out to the front of the dash and how wide is the dash, then if it is anywhere near my numbers I think its safe to say it can be done.

And RedGalant2k1 I don't think I would need another picture your first was all I really needed but thanks anyways

RedGalant2k1
02-25-2004, 04:23 PM
I measured it out from that bolt you put in the red square to the front of my dash and it was about 6 3/4". 9 inches from the bolt to the top of the dash. And about 7 inches from the bolt down to the bottom of the dash.

About 53 inches wide and 19 inches deep.

Eclipse71985
02-26-2004, 08:31 AM
I need to measure again. Looks like it will have trouble closing the door but seems to be the right width so it will fill in the section thats really important.

Thank you very much redgalant, that is very helpful.

I hope that if I don't do this someone will I think it will look great and for people who want to change their interior color to black this will also help a lot.

If I do this anytime soon I will let you all know how it comes out and what to look out for, if I don't do it first who ever does lets us know and take pic.

well I'm out for now, later.

Matt

Eclipse71985
04-02-2004, 09:49 AM
well I got a few more shots of the fuse box and a shot of the dash for people who never seen a 3G dash.

http://home.comcast.net/~eclipse71985/eclipse71985/ctgc_DSC_0140.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~eclipse71985/eclipse71985/ctgc_DSC_0142.JPG

the bolt I measured from before it that goldish bolt sticking out and looks like it has solder on it.

http://home.comcast.net/~eclipse71985/eclipse71985/ctgc_DSC_0146.JPG