PDA

View Full Version : Ideas - Scan of 95 Galant (build date 8/94)

rfpa1
02-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Hi all:

My problem is that the only place that this car seem to be able to be scanned is at a dealer. I would like to do the scanning myself. Have any one have any idea on how I can get the codes out.

I have tried a a number of ways. No luck.

1) I have the chiltons book - I tied to read codes the way of connecting pins 1 and 4, no luck
2) I have a scantool but does not work either.
3) I tried the eclipse cable - no luck.
4) I tried the mil way - on-off-on-off-on (turning the key after pins 1 and 4 are connected.

I have my check engine light on for the past 2 days and would like to fin a way to read this code.

Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks to all.

Note: This car have 2 connectors ( side by side - 1 connector (adld ) and the second next to it is a 16 pin obd2 type) Some books talk about Chrysler scanner cable other about mitsu special cable.

2True
02-22-2004, 03:08 AM
Really?

Meineke was able to read my code when I threw a CEL no problem :?

... or maybe it was Midas... forget.

sethmo
02-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Try AutoZone?

Which OBD2 cable and software are you using?

laxattack2001
02-22-2004, 08:57 PM
95- galants only have a dummy plug

96+ works

TurboGalant
02-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Autozone said they could not read my 95 codes. They would not even bother trying, said they did not have the equipment.

rfpa1
02-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Hi:

I have the software from scantools.net (it works fine with a 97 and above.
I also have a data logger for pc and palm and it works fine with other cars including a 95 eclipse.

I visited autozone (would not do it - no cable for it) visited minekee no luck, my mechanic damaged his cable after working with another car and do not plan to order the cable. One dealer I have to leave the car for 3 days and the other not sure when he can do it (to busy with regular customers I guess).

I am going to start scanning the cables, (Hope that chiltons and the other diagrams from mitsu are correct (hope not to blow the air bags) or damage the computer.

slade8200
06-03-2013, 08:38 PM
On my '95, I actually had a voltmeter on two of the pins on the connected and counted the pulses to get my codes. Anyone remember which two pins?