PDA

View Full Version : Problem with headlights!

02galant
02-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Ok today I bought my sylvania silverstars and installed them but i noticed later in the afternoon i was gettin moisture or like a fog on one of my headlights. Is this a problem or will it go away in time?

pinoyesv6
02-21-2004, 10:05 PM
it depends.

when u installed the bulbs, did you make sure to put back the rubber boot and make sure that it is on properly?

if a lil bit of moisture got in, then it should go away. the headlights have lil weap holes in them so that if something like this happens, the moisture has a way to get out. if it doesn't, you might want to remove the headlights from the car and dry them indoors overnight or with a blow dryer on a low heat setting.

now if hte headlights are damaged. then water can get in that way, and will keep on getting in that way. if the damage is small, you might be able to just seal it up with some silicon or something. if its big, you might have to buy a new headlight all together

2000GTZ
02-22-2004, 07:47 PM
be sure that you didnt touch the bulb with your hands. moisture could also have gotten in that way and have evaporated onto the clear housing part.

if you did touch it with your hands, i would wipe them clean. the oil from your finger could cause the bulb to explode, but this is not as likely as it sounds. just be careful around bulbs. i remember i spat on one as a kid and it blew up in my face. scary as hell.

02-22-2004, 11:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2000GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>be sure that you didnt touch the bulb with your hands. moisture could also have gotten in that way and have evaporated onto the clear housing part.

if you did touch it with your hands, i would wipe them clean. the oil from your finger could cause the bulb to explode, but this is not as likely as it sounds. just be careful around bulbs. i remember i spat on one as a kid and it blew up in my face. scary as hell.</div>
werd...one time i hooked a bulb up to the teg and turned my lights on before plugging it in to see if it worked, and the bulb started smoking like crazy. Turned out i touched it, lol