PDA

View Full Version : Head Unit Wiring For Subs

GlowinGalant
02-23-2004, 01:31 PM
I just got a system for my car and i was wonderin how i could get to the back of the head unit to wire my rca cables. Do i have to take the head unit out of the bay or wut? if so how do i go about doing this without breaking any thing? I plan on wiring them soon, so if you could please help fast that would be great.

pinoyesv6
02-23-2004, 02:28 PM
yea. your best bet is to remove the head unit. since the hookups are in the back. on some head units they have short cables in the back where you can hook up your rca's to. so if your head unit has them and u can read which one is which, then i guess at the last you could just drop the ac control unit so u can access those cables easier

kamilw
02-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Are you splicing of off the radio wiring? If so, then you don't have to get the unit out. Just take off the plastic cover around radio and AC, and unplug the harness from the back of the radio by reaching through an empty hole where the cd changer supposed to be and pull cables out same way. That's what I did, and it worked great. It even kept the preset stations when I plugged the wires back (I thought I would have to reset stereo with the code). But you'll need the adapter that will change the signal to RCA (it's like $20 at circuit city, or cheaper online). I don't think our stereos have RCA jacks built into them. Do they? I didn't check...

If you have a CD changer, then removing the head unit will be your best bet.

I just got a system for my car and i was wonderin how i could get to the back of the head unit to wire my rca cables. Do i have to take the head unit out of the bay or wut? if so how do i go about doing this without breaking any thing? I plan on wiring them soon, so if you could please help fast that would be great.