PDA

View Full Version : Apexi Exhaust INstalled

VegasMatt
02-24-2004, 04:56 PM
I just replaced the piping from the cat back with 3" pipe and put a Apexi N1 exhaust on as well. What a difference putting the 3" piping in. I can tell the car pushes really good by just giving a little gas. When making boost, (9-12psi) I can tell a big fat difference. Unfortunatly, it is so damn loud!!!

Reelax
02-24-2004, 05:09 PM
so your piping took out the main resonator right? i retained my stock resonator but have 2.75" piping from the main cat (or what used to b the main cat) to the resonator then from the resonator to the muffler and a dp replacing all the cats from the manifods to the cat back; it is LOUD allready... do you have headers too? if you have no resonator and no cats, you must really have a loud exhaust now! ur car probabaly sounds like a v8 ski boat now.

VegasMatt
02-24-2004, 05:42 PM
yeah I have no resonator, I have headers cuz of the SDS, its very loud. Has a mean growl while on the freeway.

8ggalant
02-24-2004, 08:53 PM
well we gotta sacrifice for performance haha...have any pics....is it angled like n1/d1 exhaust...or just st38 out??

VegasMatt
02-24-2004, 09:37 PM
I didnt angle it, it runs straight out. I am wondering if I should get some kind of silencer for it cuz its just a matter of time before I get pulled over.

8ggalant
02-25-2004, 12:00 AM
yea bro apexi sells one...i think its like 30 dollars tho :?

mjc1055
02-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Can we see some pics? I bet it looks awesome if nothing else

VegasMatt
02-25-2004, 08:58 AM
I'll post pics this weekend.

sethmo
02-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Post those pics of your E7 too :wink:

Danger DANJ
02-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Hey Matt, I have a silencer that is 3.25". What size is your tip? If it will fit, just pay for shipping and it's yours.

VegasMatt
02-25-2004, 10:40 AM
The tip is four inches.

Mante
02-25-2004, 11:14 AM
ur car probabaly sounds like a v8 ski boat now.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Matt you can get away with a car with an aggressive growl..with that SDS you have the power to back it up. Oh yea which downpipe are you running?

VegasMatt
02-25-2004, 03:49 PM
Yeah, My galant sounds like a weedwacker on steroids going down the road. I like the deep growl though on the freeway. I ordered a silencer for it for day to day driving but at the track im taking it off and listen to the sounds of the raspy growl off the stands. It should be impressive.

Mante
03-01-2004, 08:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, My galant sounds like a weedwacker on steroids going down the road. Â*I like the deep growl though on the freeway. Â*I ordered a silencer for it for day to day driving but at the track im taking it off and listen to the sounds of the raspy growl off the stands. Â*It should be impressive.</div>

Can I get a sound clip? My options for an exhaust are slim to none! Besides nothing can be louder then the OBX muffler I had on the I4 https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

FastNFabolous
03-02-2004, 03:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, My galant sounds like a weedwacker on steroids going down the road. Â*I like the deep growl though on the freeway. Â*I ordered a silencer for it for day to day driving but at the track im taking it off and listen to the sounds of the raspy growl off the stands. Â*It should be impressive.</div>

Try to stay off Las Vegas Blvd if your planning to drive w/o the silencer specially at night, Friday nights & close to end of the month or you'll gonna get pulled over like I did :!:

VegasMatt
03-02-2004, 04:43 PM
Ray,

Anywhere you go on your side of town youre going to get pulled over, they are always bustin people out there. Out where i live in the NW, its quiet and there are never cops out here. My neighbors are hella pissed though in the morning when I go down Grand Teton at 60mph with the raspy exhaust.

GalantGuy96
03-02-2004, 04:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, My galant sounds like a weedwacker on steroids going down the road. Â*I like the deep growl though on the freeway. Â*I ordered a silencer for it for day to day driving but at the track im taking it off and listen to the sounds of the raspy growl off the stands. Â*It should be impressive.</div>

Can I get a sound clip? My options for an exhaust are slim to none! Besides nothing can be louder then the OBX muffler I had on the I4 https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif</div>
woo...good thing i didnt get it, what kind was it?

Mante
03-30-2004, 12:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, My galant sounds like a weedwacker on steroids going down the road. Â*I like the deep growl though on the freeway. Â*I ordered a silencer for it for day to day driving but at the track im taking it off and listen to the sounds of the raspy growl off the stands. Â*It should be impressive.</div>

Can I get a sound clip? My options for an exhaust are slim to none! Besides nothing can be louder then the OBX muffler I had on the I4 https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif</div>
woo...good thing i didnt get it, what kind was it?</div>

I cant remember it was a b..something Mine was just to loud, my friend picked another obx muffler, still loud...I guess you get what you pay for! For only 70 bucks I didnt complain but now its time for something else.