PDA

View Full Version : Fender rolling

skat6760
09-22-2002, 10:17 AM
What exactly do you mean by fender rolling and if needed to be done about how much would it cost?

Reelax
09-22-2002, 03:17 PM
fender rolling is when u have the inner side of the fender folded or cut for more clearance. you can't see it from the side of the car but in the rear wheel well there is about an inch of sheel metal that can be folded back up or cut to give additional clearance for large / wide rims and tires. i would suggest u have a body shop or expeirenced tire shop do this and the price will depend on the shop.

pinoyesv6
09-22-2002, 07:58 PM
there is a ghetto way of doing it but i really don't reccomend it. but if ur cheap then i guess its good enough for you. first get a floor jack, not the spare tire jack, well u can use it but its gonna take u all day. so raise up your car. stick something like a baseball bat between the fender and the wheel. and then lower the car. raise the car move the bat a lil and lower it again. and just keep doing that for the whole fender and all the fenders. uhm if you are gonna do it, i'd contact a body shop first. see how much its gonna cost for them to do it and how much its gonna cost to repair it if you mess up or don't like it

skat6760
09-23-2002, 06:30 AM
Definitly not doing it the ghetto way. I am not worried about spending the extra money to have it done. Anyways.....I am only having the rear fenders done. The front fenders are fine as they are.

Dominicano
09-27-2002, 08:54 AM
i think pictures best describe what is in questions here

http://www.adrwheels.com/Picts/p/FR-01.jpg