PDA

View Full Version : angel eye fogs

The 99 Galant
02-27-2004, 05:35 PM
does any body know where to find the Angel eye foglights. i want actually the rectangular ones in hyper white. I'm going to keep my headlights normal just clear them out. i don't think the G's headlights look too good with the angel eyes cause we don't have a place to stick them on there. We don't hve projectors where we can put them around it, it just sits in front of the headlight and looks like its floating in the housing. Also it doesn't work like the BMWs where you can still the headlights on and the angel eyes at the same time, or atleast i haven't seen a G with it. Too bad no company has made projectors for our car.

DryBear
02-27-2004, 06:04 PM
They actually do make projectors, but they are JDM and like $1300 (each?)

http://www.cibie.com/Page/CIBIE_HID/GALANT.htm ('http://www.cibie.com/Page/CIBIE_HID/GALANT.htm')

cruznnus
02-27-2004, 07:06 PM
PePBOys has what ur lookin for. Hella Optilux

Stylin_G
02-27-2004, 09:35 PM
Ya....!?!? :? How can you read that Pinoy?! it's like reading jibberish.. hehe
greg

Reelax
02-27-2004, 09:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stylin_G)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ya....!?!? :? Â*How can you read that Pinoy?! it's like reading jibberish.. hehe
greg</div>

wow. jibberish? you must b from the heartland. if your browser doesn't have japanese character support, you can update that from www.windowsupdate.com

here is the transalation of that page via http://world.altavista.com/ ('http://world.altavista.com/') (it's a translator):

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(]HID headlight kit
Application model: 96.8 - Â*all car
Vehicle inspection correspondence

* Non process simple volt/bolt on installing Â*
* Safety standards conformity item of vehicle inspection correspondence Â*relief Â*
* Stylish 6 connected faces Â*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Â*
HID headlight set (HH01) 228,000 YEN
Low beam: HID projector (D2S 35 W)
High beam: Halogen SC (H155 W) Â*

Set contents:HID low-beam ×2, HID valve ×2, ballast ×2, halogen high beam ×2, turn signal ×2 and private cowl ×2 Â*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Â*
halogen headlight set (HA01) 128,000 YEN
Low beam: Halogen projector (H7 55 W)
High beam: Halogen SC (H155 W)

Set contents:Halogen low-beam ×2, halogen high beam ×2, turn signal ×2, and private cowl ×2 </div>

further according to [url]www.xe.com (curency converter)

228,000 YEN = 2,089.63 USD
128,000 YEN = 1,173.13 USD

add $100-$500 for import fees and shipping costs. not to mention these have the wrong beam pattern for our country which means the internal shields have to b "turned" or modified to project low left high right.

cruznnus
02-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Could u please explain y this product cost so much?

Reelax
02-28-2004, 12:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cruznnus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Could u please explain y this product cost so much?</div>

well didn't really mean to hijack this thread but i'll try to explain.

1st off these are limited edition JDM after market parts... right away multiply by 2x-3X accepted american value since japanese tuners regularly pay more for their parts than most americans are willing to. now realize that these are basically RACING PROJECTORS like you would normally see on WRC or LeMans cars, CIBIE is big time like HELLA or PIAA. finally, supply and demand, there are no current competitors (at least as far as the galant goes) so they can charge whatever they want and do. finally considering new OE JDM headlights cost about $600-$750 (in japan), $1000+ for these projectors is really not that expensive. just accept that JDM parts cost more than APC type stuff.

The 99 Galant
02-28-2004, 02:40 AM
yeah thats cool Pepboys....well anyways, JDM parts are always a rip cause they know they can get the money. For once i think we need to make a good car in an American factory with exclusive USDM parts but they already messed that up with the 9G. That ugly piece of diamond star makes me sick. Only nice thing is the engine. But what i really don't get is how Dodge and all them can get parts from the but they never get the JDM stuff. I wonder how there partnership works exactly. I still think i have the best partnership idea out there. Honda, Ferrari/Fiat. I know this a Mitsu forum and i drive a G but man if the NSX had a Ferrari V-8 in it or Ferrari/Fiat made a aluminum frame CL 3.2 powered V-6 coupe designed to compete with BMW they'd be unstoppable. Too bad Mitsu has Dodge.