PDA

View Full Version : How many with melted headlight sockets?

SilverGalant1
09-22-2002, 10:34 AM
I have heard of the 100w bulbs melting your headlight sockets, and I have had mine for about a year and now al of a sudden my passenger side was melted. I looked on the drivers side and it looks like it is fixing to do the same. Anyone else with this problem in the past? How can I fix this? I had to go to an auto parts store and get a universal socket that would fit our bulbs and clip the factory harness. Any other clues on how to keep this from happening again? 4 Banger 4 Life! 8)

Fishboy55
09-22-2002, 04:16 PM
Go to the dealer and get the upgraded wiring harness. It's a direct replacement and will cost you about $12.

Chip

mrjaydeeone
09-22-2002, 07:05 PM
I melted mine from my hiper bulbs...
I bought the replacements from pep-boys for like 3 or 4 bucks each...
I went to my dealer, and he said the replacements were the same as the originals...the ones that I picked up from pep boys are much thicker...
I just connected the wires from the harnesses to the wires in the car with butt connectors

BlueESV6
09-22-2002, 08:57 PM
MrJaYdEeOnE, So pepboys and other auto parts places have aftermarket replacement sockets for our headlights? or is it a whole harness assembly?

Thanks https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

pinoyesv6
09-22-2002, 09:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>MrJaYdEeOnE, So pepboys and other auto parts places have aftermarket replacement sockets for our headlights? or is it a whole harness assembly?

Thanks https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif</div>

they have both. h4 is a size used by cars not only mitsu's. u might wanna go to the dealer and check the guage of the wire (the older galants had thinner wire than the replacement dealer harness) and compare that to the ones @ the auto parts store

SilverGalant1
09-22-2002, 09:46 PM
Yeah, the ones I got from O'Rielly Auto Parts has some pretty thick wire compared with the factory ones. It was a universal plug and it cost me $1.?? Very cheap but it looks like it will hold up! Any other problems with the ones from Pepboys? 4 Banger 4 Life! 8) Mine are also Hiper bulbs!

playa759
09-24-2002, 06:50 AM
WHAT ABOUT THE SOCKETS FOR THE TURN SIGNALS IS THERE AN UPGRADE FOR THOSE TOO?

pinoyesv6
09-24-2002, 08:40 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(playa759)</div><div class='quotemain'>WHAT ABOUT THE SOCKETS FOR THE TURN SIGNALS IS THERE AN UPGRADE FOR THOSE TOO?</div>

there should be. just go to the auto parts store and see what they got to offer. if worst comes to worst u can always hit up the auto recylcers and take a socket from a car that has better wire on it

speedygalant
09-24-2002, 10:18 PM
dam, now there is something else for me look into. I think i'll stop coming onto the Car Problems Board. Everytime i come here i get more and more paranoid. Thanks for the heads up guys.