PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a stupid question but?

mike969mb
02-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Where the hell is the plugs and wires on the I4 Galant i was looking maybe i clearly over looked them or something but i didn't see them at all. I was considering doing my own 30k mile tuneup but i gotta know where the plugs and wires are. On almost any other car i can see them and get to them without any hassle, the G is another story.

Mike

extremsprt86
02-28-2004, 06:43 PM
on the i4 only two of the wires show, and on the v6 im pretty sure you gotta take off the intake plenum.

mike969mb
02-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Thanks, sounds like i'm better off having a mechanic do it, huh? but i know most are rip offs. Like pepboys wanting 50 dollars to install a horn but they didn't wanna take my word it was the horn and wanted to do diagnostics first. Too my literally 5 minutes to take the horn off put new one on and plug it in. But according to them is .70 of an hour or 42 minutes, just figure i should try to do more of my own work, least the simple stuff.

Mike

extremsprt86
02-28-2004, 08:00 PM
you can do it yourself, the way its setup (excuse my wrong terminoligy) there are 2 'distributers and they are each next to a spark plug, needing no wires... the other two need wires, it can be done yourself, and it has, just ask around and someone can give you more detail.

vic_v_jr
02-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Stop. If you can change your horn then you can change your plugs. It's easy. There are 4 plugs and they are in line across the top of your engine cover. It looks a little different then other setups because only two of the plugs have wires come out of of the first and third plugs. (left to right) The second and fourth plugs have an electronic device on top of where the plugs are and you simply have to unbolt it and replace the plugs under them. That's it! In case you do not have one I suggest you buy a spark plug socket to make taking on and off the plugs much easier.