PDA

View Full Version : Dreamspeed CAI

Neoqball
07-31-2002, 02:19 PM
[b]

Latin Soul Child
07-31-2002, 02:44 PM
no idea why they're less expensive... i have the dreamspeed CAI and i got no complaints at all... if you wanna know what it looks like... check my pics link in my sig...

One...

az_galant_es
07-31-2002, 05:27 PM
Where can I order a dreamspeed cai?

galant4u
07-31-2002, 10:07 PM
How much do they run?

davebernard
07-31-2002, 10:44 PM
Mine was 125.00 plus shipping. A total of like $136...It took them 14 days to ship it. but well worth the wait! you can get one at Dreamspeed2.com

pinoyesv6
07-31-2002, 11:27 PM
dreamspeed has their reasons for selling it at a low price. first of all some of the material like the filter aren't so great. but yea pieces like the filter can be replaced easier.

also, dreamspeed is a small company...just trying to make ends meet, not blow away the competition

and thirdly, as far as i know, dreamspeed has no intentions about gettign their intake carb approved...

mrjaydeeone
07-31-2002, 11:28 PM
I've seen it on EBAY also..with a buy it now price of 89.99
if you do a search for eclipse intakes...look for the cold air intake with the CP on the filter...that's the dreamspeed one

VTGalantGTZ
08-01-2002, 10:59 AM
If I remember correctly, the price was originally low to attract business, they raised it for a short period of time then dropped it again. Not sure why. I put mine on over the past weekend and I love it, but I did get shorted some parts. Also you should buy a K&N filter to replace the cheaper one they send you... haven't done that yet though.
BTW: The missing parts were a small hose clamp and 2 of the 4 screws for the MAS. Easy enough to replace, but sucks that they shorted me. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mad.gif

davebernard
08-01-2002, 04:20 PM
that sucks!! they shorted me on 2 of the bolts for the MAS also!!! Anyone know a part # for a K&N filter that will fit the dreamspeed intake?

pinoyesv6
08-01-2002, 07:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davebernard)</div><div class='quotemain'>that sucks!! they shorted me on 2 of the bolts for the MAS also!!! Â*Anyone know a part # for a K&N filter that will fit the dreamspeed intake?</div>

k&n makes many filter that will fit the dreamspeed intake. just take the diameter of the inlet hole of the filter and take it to the k&n filter site knfilters.com and find you a suitable filter.

a lil tip, the bigger the filter, the less you have to clean it...but then the more expensive they get...

ChromeGalant
09-06-2002, 08:31 PM
I went to the Dreamspeed site and dont see any Galant intakes..Is it the one for a 3.0GT eclipse?

Will it work with an I4?

Also will a V6 Galant Short RAM work with an I4? Whats the difference?

RedGalant2k1
09-06-2002, 09:59 PM
I went to the Dreamspeed site and dont see any Galant intakes..Is it the one for a 3.0GT eclipse?

Will it work with an I4?

Also will a V6 Galant Short RAM work with an I4? Whats the difference?

the physical path of the pipes is EXACTLY the same, how do i know this? Well, MetalManiacKA and I installed a Injen CAI for the V6 Eclipse on his I4. The only difference between the I4 Galants and V6 Galants is where the upper pipe mount is, other than that everything else fits perfect.

In other words: Yes.