PDA

View Full Version : TYC Lightbulb Problem

tribal
03-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey I gotta question. Was wondering if anyone know what might be up. My right altezza went out, but only the center main break light. The bulb didnt seem blown, but i bought new one anyways. I took out the light, put the bulb in, wired it up to see if it worked, it did. Put it back in my car, and it doesnt work again. any info would be nice. thanks!

TWISTED II
03-03-2004, 09:07 PM
dude, TYC bulbs suck! both of my center lights flicker whenever i drive. what happened is that the bulbs suck, and the filiments are screwy. i took the bulbs out and one of 2 filiments in each bulbs was hanging and hitting off the other filiment and causing the bulbs to flicker. i'm not sure whats up with yours since you did replace it, but i would check the filiments again.

DarkLateNight
03-03-2004, 10:48 PM
yeah i had to replace all my TYC bulbs - im selling the lights anyways - JDM baby!

DrAmACiDaL4G64
03-18-2004, 01:19 AM
Hey thats messed up i just noticed the other day while my mom was driving my ride. that my right TYC middle bulb doesnt light bright like the left one when the brakes are applied... looked at fuses and shit and couldnt figure it out.... what the hell kinda bulbs are those middle ones and are they replaceable???!

DarkLateNight
03-18-2004, 10:06 AM
you have been PMed

DarkLateNight
03-18-2004, 10:06 AM
you have been PMed

DrAmACiDaL4G64
03-18-2004, 10:35 PM
yup just checked it out today at my girls house and while gettin a wrench to take the nuts off i noticed 1 single sylvania long-life 1157 bulb no bullshit. before i even knew what the bulb was i found this like fate. took out the old bulb and the fillaments looked good i couldnt tell the difference between the two but its straight now and the g-ride is happy again...