PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Springs + Stock Struts

Earthman
03-04-2004, 02:14 AM
I just got the Eibach Pro Kit for the 99+ Galant V6 installed with stock struts. LOVE the Handling. Its suposed to drop 1.5 in front and 1.0 in the back. Now the back looks fine.. but the front is a bit lower than 1.5. Looks more like 2 - 2.2.

Funny thing is the car behaves like a yoyo when i go over a speed breaker at nething below 35, and scrapes the breaker if i go above. AND the cars front scrapes the road (maikin an annoying sound) if i hit a slight depression or something at around 40-45 . Arnt the Eibachs designed to work with the factory struts/shocks ?? how in the hell do i get my suspensions to be stiffer at high speeds without hvin to get the AGX's.

Now i dont know if this is a problem or not.. but as i see it, it appears to be one for me.

Cud use some help !

Dominicano
03-04-2004, 08:01 AM
depends which version you got. I think there is a version for the Eclipse has a different spring rate then the one for the galant, but the reallity is that if you get aftermarket springs you need to complement that with afermarket shocks and struts. i got a v6 with eibach and when i go over a ditch it bouce once then it stops. Stock shocks are meant to take the height from the stock springs since it lowered no matter what you shocks will have less travel.

pinoyesv6
03-04-2004, 09:52 AM
eibach makes their pro kit springs to work with the stock shocks. but since the car is lowered, there will be a lil bit more stress put upon them. as a result the lifetime of the factory shocks/struts will be reduced. and possibly, thats what might have happened to you. from what you describe, you might have blown shocks already.

Danger DANJ
03-05-2004, 07:42 AM
Definitely sounds like blown front struts to me. If you can't afford the KYB AGX's, I suggest that you atleast get the KYB GR2's. If you can push down on the front of the car real hard when it's parked and it bounces more than once, then your struts are definitely shot. How many miles on your car?

galantv600
03-05-2004, 08:05 AM
ive had my tein stech for more than 6 months now and still stock struts n shocks doin fine!!!! i wonder when they will blow :roll:

Earthman
03-05-2004, 02:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Definitely sounds like blown front struts to me. If you can't afford the KYB AGX's, I suggest that you atleast get the KYB GR2's. If you can push down on the front of the car real hard when it's parked and it bounces more than once, then your struts are definitely shot. How many miles on your car?</div>

I see.. My car has 53k miles on it. I think the shoks r blown too. I heard the GR2's arnt tht great. They blow far too easy.

I am planning to swap this for the Evo 8. Do i really need to change the suspensions in order to avoid engine damage to the car ?

Danger DANJ
03-05-2004, 05:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Earthman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Definitely sounds like blown front struts to me. If you can't afford the KYB AGX's, I suggest that you atleast get the KYB GR2's. If you can push down on the front of the car real hard when it's parked and it bounces more than once, then your struts are definitely shot. How many miles on your car?</div>

I see.. My car has 53k miles on it. I think the shoks r blown too. I heard the GR2's arnt tht great. They blow far too easy.

I am planning to swap this for the Evo 8. Do i really need to change the suspensions in order to avoid engine damage to the car ?</div>

See, now I've read a few times that the GR2's were great with the Eibachs. Well, I can't say for sure since I don't have them. I would definitely do something about those blown front struts though. You can easily damage your car. The first thing that comes to mind is your oil pan. If you put a hole in that and leak out enough oil, you could blow your engine. Mine has a few scratches on it and that was with good struts. Right now, the front bar from my chassis stiffening kit hangs lower than everything else, so when I do occaisionally bottom out, that bar hits keeping everything else safe.

Earthman
03-06-2004, 12:54 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Earthman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Definitely sounds like blown front struts to me. If you can't afford the KYB AGX's, I suggest that you atleast get the KYB GR2's. If you can push down on the front of the car real hard when it's parked and it bounces more than once, then your struts are definitely shot. How many miles on your car?</div>

I am planning to swap this for the Evo 8. Do i really need to change the suspensions in order to avoid engine damage to the car ?</div>

See, now I've read a few times that the GR2's were great with the Eibachs. Well, I can't say for sure since I don't have them. I would definitely do something about those blown front struts though. You can easily damage your car. The first thing that comes to mind is your oil pan. If you put a hole in that and leak out enough oil, you could blow your engine. Mine has a few scratches on it and that was with good struts. Right now, the front bar from my chassis stiffening kit hangs lower than everything else, so when I do occaisionally bottom out, that bar hits keeping everything else safe.</div>

Yea.. I agree. I need to replace the blown struts. I was wondering if it would work if i only replaced the front struts ? That shud solve my problem temporarily ?

Danger DANJ
03-06-2004, 10:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Earthman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Earthman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Definitely sounds like blown front struts to me. If you can't afford the KYB AGX's, I suggest that you atleast get the KYB GR2's. If you can push down on the front of the car real hard when it's parked and it bounces more than once, then your struts are definitely shot. How many miles on your car?</div>

See, now I've read a few times that the GR2's were great with the Eibachs. Well, I can't say for sure since I don't have them. I would definitely do something about those blown front struts though. You can easily damage your car. The first thing that comes to mind is your oil pan. If you put a hole in that and leak out enough oil, you could blow your engine. Mine has a few scratches on it and that was with good struts. Right now, the front bar from my chassis stiffening kit hangs lower than everything else, so when I do occaisionally bottom out, that bar hits keeping everything else safe.</div>

Yea.. I agree. I need to replace the blown struts. I was wondering if it would work if i only replaced the front struts ? That shud solve my problem temporarily ?</div>

Yeah, I'm sure your rears are fine. It should be alright just replacing the fronts.

Earthman
03-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Thnks bro.. Owe you one !

Earthman
03-14-2004, 09:29 PM
Got the front struts replaced by GR2s. I must say it rides AAAAAAMAAZING ! Ride quality is 100% Better. Thnks fur the assist dang !

Danger DANJ
03-15-2004, 12:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Earthman)</div><div class='quotemain'>Got the front struts replaced by GR2s. I must say it rides AAAAAAMAAZING ! Ride quality is 100% Better. Thnks fur the assist dang !</div>

That's good to hear. I'm glad I could help.