PDA

View Full Version : fiberglass kits

the_kage
03-09-2004, 08:53 AM
Ive been reading alot on termpro forums about fabrication..
there is a guy on there making full body kits... and they are nuts. Insanly awesome kits...
He gives a step by step tutorial with pics....
It's tempting to try..
He masks off the area to work with, with masking tape.. then sprays regular home use foam on the area and builds it up getting the general shape he wants. Then uses woodworking tools to get the more defined shape that he wants... then lays fiberglass over it.. sands and paints.. its very time consuming...

And very tempting to try a lip for my front...
fiberglass is pretty fun and easy... I fiberglassed a lcd into my visor and then covered it with cloth..
I dunno.. the house is mine this weekend.. i may try a front lip..
any ideas or comments?
Any Ideas to shoot for?

pinoyesv6
03-09-2004, 08:57 AM
yea, ive seen that process done before. from watching people do it, i think the hardest part is getting things to be even. if one end looks longer than the other, then the final product will look uneven. thats what i think is the most time consuming part.

the_kage
03-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Yeah.. i agree.. its going to take some time and a lot of work.

Anyone have any pics or some ideas of a lip to shoot for?

krazienluv10
03-10-2004, 01:01 AM
i say try something simple first... lyke a plain lip...after that u can always build from that https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif im trying to to redo my front lip and make it more agressive... i messed it up by driving over a F***ing tire in the middle of the freeway :cry: along wit my grill, head light n fog light...

the_kage
03-10-2004, 11:02 AM
have any pics of your lip pre getting funked up?

krazienluv10
03-10-2004, 11:26 AM
naw no pics....i was too upset to take pics.....
**edit ohh wait before pics....ill try to post them when i have timebut having a hard time posting pics for some reason now....