PDA

View Full Version : Starting to worry about my front end

2000GTZ
03-14-2004, 11:56 PM
My car has less than 35,000 miles.

Whenever I go over a speed bump, the front feels like it's really soft and the back feels fine. I keep the PSI at the recommended 32, sometimes even more. A couple thousand miles before, whenever I braked slightly, I heard a metal clonking sound, repeating itself at an interval. thunk...thunk...thunk.. But it didn't happen all the time.

Basically, I'm scared that I have blown struts already. What can I do to check? Are there any parts of the car specifically I can check? I have access to a shop and they've got lifts and stands and all the goodies. Is this an indicator of blown struts? Thanks in advance.

Danger DANJ
03-15-2004, 12:17 AM
It's hard to say from what you described. Push down on the front of your car and see how many times it bounces. It should only bounce once, if it bounces more than that, your struts are probably blown. Also, check the strut housings to see if any oil is leaking out of them. The clanking noise is kind of odd. You wouldn't necessarily get that from blown struts. Perhaps your front sway bar is loose or something.