PDA

View Full Version : What's throttle body

T
03-17-2004, 11:44 AM
What's throttle body? I'm a newb so, Once I took my battery out, and my car start and die. I took it to the dealewr ship and they said I need to clean my trottle. What's it, and how do I clean it? :oops: :peace:

Serstylz2
03-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Jus do a search and theres some tutorials

TWISTED II
03-17-2004, 01:16 PM
ok, look at your intake. follow the intake pipe to the engine. where the intake pipe attaches to the engine, is at your throttle body.

http://www.joecwilson.com/forum/files/garage5.jpg you can't really see it in the pic, but thats where you'll find it.

03-22-2004, 12:39 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T)</div><div class='quotemain'>What's throttle body? I'm a newb so, Once I took my battery out, and my car start and die. I took it to the dealewr ship and they said I need to clean my trottle. What's it, and how do I clean it? Â*:oops: Â*:peace:</div>
well to answer your question, it's where your accelerator linkage hooks up and your intake pipe ends, look at that picture. To clean it, you go buy a can of carb cleaner, brake cleaner, or throttle body cleaner from autozone (it's all the same stuff) and detach your intake pipe, and spray inside the throttle body with the car running, and someone available to rev the engine (because it will try to die on you as you spray it in there).
BUT....
I don't think the throttle body would be your problem. Make sure your battery is connected properly first.