PDA

View Full Version : the g is dying...

VypA
03-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Hey guys was hopin you all could help me pinpoint a problem im having, which i think is the MAF or TPS sensor (just my uneducated guess https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif ).. Basically when i get into the upper RPMs (anything over about 4.5k rpms)in first gear the car sputters and pops rather loudly... and then shifts into second and seems fine... After the car warmed up (after driving ten minutes or so) it will start to rev violently/randomly and then cut out, but if i nail the gas itll cut back on... any help would be MUCH appreciated as i would hate to buy a part and have it be the wrong thing.

brandon
03-18-2004, 08:36 AM
Sounds somewhat similar to my problem...

I ended up with 3 codes, IAC, TPS, Crankshaft sensor. I'd guess it's one of those.

From what I've been hearing the crankshaft sensor on our cars has a tendency to go.

bronxbombr
03-18-2004, 01:32 PM
And if you just happen to need any of those parts you know where to holla.

VypA
03-18-2004, 03:55 PM
one thing i guess i neglected to mention is that i am not get a check engine light... also the car SEEMS normal at idle when ya first start it... maybe just a bit rough but it always has been... thanks for the quick reply guys

brandon
03-19-2004, 07:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VypA)</div><div class='quotemain'>one thing i guess i neglected to mention is that i am not get a check engine light... also the car SEEMS normal at idle when ya first start it... maybe just a bit rough but it always has been... thanks for the quick reply guys</div>

Well oddly enough I didn't get a check engine light at first but still noticed the problem... then I would get sporadic check engine lights that would disappear, then it finally stayed on.

Getting my crankshaft sensor replaced Monday so I'll let you know how it feels afterward.

bronxbombr
03-19-2004, 02:35 PM
How bout the oxygen sensors, I've heard that the check engine light only comes on when there is an emissions problem or sensor going bad.

Now what would be good is if anyone can tell me why my anti lock light stays on? well sometime i catch it blink once on startup but otherwise its always on.

TurboGalant
03-19-2004, 04:21 PM
O2 sensors have there own light...