PDA

View Full Version : Putting a light bulb in a Hole in our 8g's turn signal area

icEbErg629
03-18-2004, 10:29 AM
I'm wondering if any of you guys noticed a little hole right next to our turn signal and put a light bulb in it? I first noticed this when I cleared my corners way back, but only thought of putting a bulb just recently (I saw PIAA headlights on display where you can push the button and see how white they are and noticed the little bulb at the bottom corner) . If we could put a bulb, what kind of stuff do I need to get if any, such as harness, sockets, type of bulbs...., instructions OR any pics for any of you who might have them.

BlankMan
03-18-2004, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't put anything in there or block it in any way. That hole is for drainage and release of condensation. Plug it up and you'll soon notice water accumulation in you lights. If you want to moutn another light, drill another separate hole.

J

galantv600
03-18-2004, 11:56 AM
i was gone try and put a 194 bulb on the top throught the black plastic.. where there is no chrome i havethe harness and all and i neever came through doni it cuz of id have to dent the hood... :cry: ive thought bout puttin a bulb in there a strove or somethin bt never came through doin it so yeahhh good luckw iwt it

DrAmACiDaL4G64
03-18-2004, 03:01 PM
I was also thinkin of this idea too but with green LEDs controlled by a switch somehow custom job. I thought of it when i saw APC green mini-style 5-LED Lights at pep-boys... tiny strip lihts made for just that. they were called illuminators and they just stuck on. Probably illigal as hell but maybe soon my ride will be at a show and click i hit that switch and green dream... :twisted:

pinoyesv6
03-18-2004, 04:29 PM
actually if you can find a lil bulb to fit in there you can put it in. I have a lil strobe bulb in there. the strobe unit sucsk but yea, i fit it in there and haven't had any trouble with condensation or any of that. the headlight has several weap holes for condensation to come out of, and to tell u the truth, at least on one of my headlights, that hole was capped off so even if i didn't put in a bulb, it wouldn't serve as a good drain hole with that cap capping things off.

BlankMan
03-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Where do you live? Someplace fairly dry, I would guess?

J

pinoyesv6
03-18-2004, 05:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Where do you live? Â*Someplace fairly dry, I would guess?

J</div>

baltimore. i get a taste of everything. rain in the spring and fall, intense heat in the summer and snow and ice in the winter.

RedGalant2k1
03-18-2004, 05:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>actually if you can find a lil bulb to fit in there you can put it in. I have a lil strobe bulb in there. the strobe unit sucsk but yea, i fit it in there and haven't had any trouble with condensation or any of that. the headlight has several weap holes for condensation to come out of, and to tell u the truth, at least on one of my headlights, that hole was capped off so even if i didn't put in a bulb, it wouldn't serve as a good drain hole with that cap capping things off.</div>

Ditto here. I have had my strobes there for [i]over a year[/u] through Michigan Weather, so you can guess the weather conditions.

KNJGalant2002
03-19-2004, 03:55 PM
I thought that little hole next to the light was for city lights most cars have them. My friend has a 2002 Civic Si and he has the little hole for the city lights and in the same place as the Galant's spot. But when I went to go put a bulb in there I realized it's not hooked up to anything. :redface: Someone told me you can probably tap into other wires to make it work. A little too much trouble for me, I just returned the lights. I think they were the PIAA 195 they look really nice in my friends car. Oh well maybe in the future after someone else has tried it and posted a tutorial on the light, i will try it.

Ken_
03-24-2004, 07:29 PM
I used an amber LED. It flashes with the turn signal and looks bad ass. It fits perfectly and no condensation problems.

TITAN
03-25-2004, 11:44 PM
we had a meet recently and a green eclipse had them in his. he said he had no problems