PDA

View Full Version : HKS IGNITION FOR THE DE and ES

Lazarus
09-23-2002, 02:39 AM
I was doing some Surfing and I cam across theseon The HKS Website, Now they are Made for the Eclipse RS/GS but then you have the whole "Same Engine" thing going on. And they are Pretty Costly But do yu think they are worth it. Especially you all planning on Boosting and Supercharging?
HKS TWIN POWER IGNITION AMPLIFIER: DLI II ('http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_information.asp?number=HKS-4301-SM001&variation=&aitem=1&mitem=5&back=yes&dept=506')

99DE
09-23-2002, 11:32 AM
Geezus, that is $$. If you look at $$/horsepower ratio I'm sure the gains are about as much as new Iridium plugs and magnecore wires. I think your right, it is only worth it for the total performance enthusiast who has a turbo etc..

aznlverboy
09-25-2010, 01:27 AM
Good question. I've been wondering if the ignition amplifier would be worth it as well. I've been researching this a bit and from what I've been told from a local shop, basic cai, upgraded exhaust and headers are what we all start off with. With these upgrades, you have a lot of air going in and a lot of air coming out, but people neglect the fuel. It would be better if you had cai, headers and upgraded exhaust, but without a fuel pressure regulator and ignition amplifier, you're not burning up all the fuel properly to give you that extra hp. If you add the ignition amplifier and a fuel pressure regulator with your basic upgrades then you would have a nice beginners setup for that extra oomph. Not sure if this makes any sense. I kind of understand the theory behind this but when I try to explain it, it all comes out all retarded.
Please chime in everyone if you can.

dGALANTc
09-25-2010, 01:37 AM
curiously did you see the date?

aznlverboy
09-25-2010, 01:45 AM
yes, realized the date and couldn't find any answers doing a search, so I wanted to see if anyone else had any info or opinions instead of starting a new thread.

dGALANTc
09-25-2010, 01:57 AM
oh ok just checking well sorry i cant help. but it makes a lil sense to me what you are getting at but if you buy fuel pump to pump more fuel and better spark plugs would sound similar to ignition amp and fuel pressure reg. just my thought as im still begining to learn about engines.

qnz
09-25-2010, 09:03 AM
The HKS DLI box isnt going to help you. Aree you pushing so much HP that it is blowing out your spark?

aznlverboy
09-25-2010, 09:54 AM
dgalantc- no worries brotha, it's all good.

qnz- no, I don't have a huge amount of hp, I just figured that with the basic upgrades, we neglect one of the most important component that helps push the car. It does make sense to make use of all the fuel that is being injected instead of having it wasted. But if you say it's not worth it, I'm not going to pursue this as much as I wanted to. Thanks for the input.

mrg7243
09-25-2010, 10:11 AM
at least he bumped a old thread instead of starting a new one, but i have read on here that our ignition systems a good enough, no need for something like this.

qnz
09-25-2010, 12:05 PM
if you wanted to spend the money, the coil over plugs that sparktech and other companies make is better value than the DLI boxes, imo.

Stewi
09-25-2010, 12:47 PM
if you wanted to spend the money, the coil over plugs that sparktech and other companies make is better value than the DLI boxes, imo.

The best bang for your buck coil-on-plug ignition is made by Spoolin Up over on EVOM. Its like $400, maybe even less, for the whole setup.

In my honest opinion, you dont really any type of ignition upgrade for your power levels. Im making over 400whp and I have a stock EVO ignition, which is really similar to a stock 8g ignition. I wont upgrade my ignition until I start having real issues with it, typically you run into issues at very high RPMs (like 7500+rpms), which my car isnt going to see and most likely yours wont either.

aznlverboy
09-25-2010, 02:03 PM
thanks everyone.