PDA

View Full Version : projector head + fogs

lemacfar
09-23-2002, 09:37 AM
Astig, or anyone else who can enlighten me... i am planning on doing the projector headlight conversion w/ a spare set of headlights.... but i want to know if there is a cheaper way to get the projector units (250 bux is alot of money), maybe off a junked car might do....

I also am in the designing process of creating Vr-4 style foglights , but w/ projector foglights, and a turnsignal integrated.... (all the projector lenses, included headlights will have angel eyes w/ the blue fiber optics)

i came across a couple of problems for the foglights...
1. the lens, im going to have the fogs to fill in the foglight gap on 8g model so i am going to create the mold and fill in the hole w/ carbon fiber, but my only problem is creating the lens

2. can you use projector beams as foglights b/c of the cutoff point

As for the headlight projectors... i have a couple of "extra" mods to astigs tutorial...
1. i want to create a carbon fiber cover instead of the aluminum cover you painted... (to recreate the cibie lights)
2. Angel eyes for the 2 projector beams
3. no turn signal in the headlight.... maybe i can fit a model car of the galant in it (didn't get one, so i gotta see if it fits...) (also teh turn signal will be in the integrated foglight) and for the legality of turn signals i will add a side marker..
4. HID Everything including foglights

Now you guys may or may not remember me... i was trying to get a GB on altezzas that my body shop was going to create, i have been so busy w/ another job and such that i haven't had time to post in a long ass while...

So to kinda keep you up to date (long tread)

i had made both sides 70% complete, but after reading up on how astig did projectors, i have completely abandoned the project and started afresh on the project. Im going to create a 3d model of the tailights as soon as i can to get ideas...

I need your opinion on weather im overdoing the headlights and foglights and such ASAP, b/c im going to the junkyard today to buy a set of headlights to play w/ https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

ASTIG
09-23-2002, 10:13 AM
i got a pair of low beam projectors and high beams. the high beam comes with built-in city lights. I will sell you the 2 pairs for $200 shipped.
the high beams (with city lights) cost me around $69 each and the lows were $54 each + shipping. I'm taking loss on this because I just dont have any time to tackle another project right now. let me know if you are interested. the projectors are brand new. and includes the bulbs.

lemacfar
09-23-2002, 07:57 PM
this is exactly what you have right now?, why did you buy an extra set, for the montero?

ASTIG
09-23-2002, 08:04 PM
this is exactly what you have right now?, why did you buy an extra set, for the montero?

yes.

lemacfar
09-23-2002, 08:08 PM
may i ask you if your going to have them for about a month longer?....

i bought my headlights... so im gonna have to wait about less than a month to have $$ for you for hte projectors, but definately save them...

what do you think of my idea for the fogs?

i think im overdoing it w/ the angel eyes everywhere but that shit is gonna get expensive (about 150 for every 2 pairs) i need 3 pairs...
Plus xenons for all 3 (250 each)... lol i might as well get cibie lights and oem fogs for vr-4
but then again i will have the most unique galant...

i have alot of time on my hands... so depending on how my creation turns out, i might be able to sell these babies for some $$ and make a little profit....

ASTIG
09-23-2002, 08:28 PM
actually, I got 2 pairs of low beam projectors and 1 pair of high beam for a total of 3 pairs. one pair of the lows is e-code (H7 bulb) and the other low is DOT version (H9 bulb). the beam pattern of the 2 are different. the DOT has a "Z" pattern . DONT mind the dots on the diagram. its just there for proper spacing.

........................._______________
____________/

the E-code has a V pattern
........................./
____________/

the high beam I still have is the E-code version. it has the H7 bulb and built in city light.

hopefully, i still have these by then, because I am trying to get rid of these.

lemacfar
09-23-2002, 08:36 PM
i have no lclue what you said... e-code, z pattern, any way to elaborate bro.... and you said you have 3 pairs for sale?? how much for hte 3 ( im thinking i can put the low beam in the foglights... and a low and high in the heads

ASTIG
09-23-2002, 09:25 PM
i have no lclue what you said... e-code, z pattern, any way to elaborate bro.... and you said you have 3 pairs for sale?? how much for hte 3 ( im thinking i can put the low beam in the foglights... and a low and high in the heads

sorry for the confusion. e-code is short for european code lighting standards. DOT is US standards. the diff is the pattern of the cutoff. here are some pics of the DOT "Z" pattern.

PM me.
http://home.attbi.com/~c.tangonan/galant/104-0494_IMG.jpg
http://home.attbi.com/~c.tangonan/galant/104-0494_IMG.jpg
http://home.attbi.com/~c.tangonan/galant/104-0478_IMG.jpg[/LIST]

btw. my wife was driving the car from work one night and I was waiting for her at the street at the edge of my driveway. When I saw the lights approaching me, I almost mistook it for an audi. But I could hear the exhaust so I was pretty sure it was the G! nice. sweet!

jman380
09-24-2002, 08:55 PM
where did you purchase your projector lenses from. i would like to start my own project if you could give me the website or a phone number i would really appreciate it

ASTIG
09-24-2002, 09:08 PM
www.rallylights.com only has the DOT version with the H9 bulbs for $54 each.

or www.puma-access.com has both DOT (H9 bulb) and E-code (H7) versions for $69.

I have mine for sale: 1 pair E-code low beam, 1 pair E-code high beam and 1 pair DOT low beam. if you're interested let me know. PM me. It'll be easier to upgrade the E-code version to HID because there are H7 hid kits available. also the E-code high beam has a built in city light unlike the DOT high beam. my projectors are new!