PDA

View Full Version : Negitive camber. how can i get it

atx
03-21-2004, 08:49 PM
I know a people dont want negitive camber but i actaully want more negitve camber. If I have more negitive camber ill be able to handle better right, put more rubber on the ground when turning hard? I have no wear on the inside of my tires, but i corner hard and the outsides of my tires are dead. Is there any kit to adjust my camber?
Thanks

extremsprt86
03-21-2004, 08:57 PM
they do make camber kits, its the same for us as for 3g eclipses, check ebay, theres usually a few floatin around. other then that, theres some online vendors that offer them.

BlankMan
03-21-2004, 09:59 PM
yah - check for the ingals kit. It is the most easy to adjust. BTW - you don't want neg. camber for daily driving unelss you want to replace your tires every 2000-4000 miles.

J

peanotation
03-21-2004, 10:21 PM
you really dont want anymore negative camber that what you have. like blankman said, unless you're turning hard all day everyday, like thats ALL you do, negative camber is bad. you will go through tires about every 3 oil changes. when i had my coilovers my camber was pretty bad, and i was going through tires every 5 thousand miles.

to take a more professional, and better, approach, tighten up suspension in the back so the wheels dont have to flex in or out. you'll always have a little flex, but the best way is to have very little negative camber, which you've already accomplished with your 17s, and tighten up the back end a lot.

with your 17s and progress drop, i'm sure you have enough negative camber to suffice. if you're wearing tires on the outside in the bank, then you're just out of alignment, and you should already be in the negative. the more negative camber is NOT better, because the suspension only flexes so much, i think at most like -1.5 degrees, and we're talking taking right hand turns going 110mph in porsche 911 turbos. so unless your car is made out of plastic like a saturn, anymore than 1-1.5 degrees negative camber will just be pointless. and -1.5 camber is a lot.