PDA

View Full Version : Tips on camber kit install

Mindless
03-22-2004, 09:40 PM
New KYB's will be this week so I'll be ditching the coils and throwing my sportlines on. Any tips or advice on installing a camber kit?

Danger DANJ
03-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Your best bet is to have a shop install the camber kit when you bring it in for an alignment. You would need a special tool or machine to be able to measure your camber properly and install a camber kit so the camber is set to 0.

BlankMan
03-23-2004, 06:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Your best bet is to have a shop install the camber kit when you bring it in for an alignment. You would need a special tool or machine to be able to measure your camber properly and install a camber kit so the camber is set to 0.</div>

Not so - at least for the rear camber. Park on a level ground after installing the kit and use a 2'-3' level (you know, those things with the bubbles?). I did it and nearly zeroed it on the seond adjustment - as the alignment specs I got afterwards shows. You don't want to hit exactly 0, anyway - there's like a 1.5 deg. range that is the sweet spot.

Now for front, I dunno - I didn't need a front kit.

J

Mindless
03-25-2004, 06:19 AM
I called a local shop and they're doing an inspection, alignment, and installing my camber kit for $113. So I'll just let them do it.