PDA

View Full Version : HIgh perfomance Brake pad question and negitive camber Q

atx
03-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Hey i want some high perfomance brake pads cause mine are dieing, I have a 99 ES V6, if i get upgraded pads up front do I need to match them in the back? Where can I get some and what do u suggest? Im a daily driver but want better braking when i haul ass on the twistys.

I have worn down the outside of my tires a huge amount and the insides are not worn at all, someone on the forum told me if i get more negitive camber ill get better handling, i agree but what can i do to adjust my camber? Dont camber kits usually make the camber back to the 0 or get rid of negitive camber? What do you suggest? I would like better handling n less wear on the outside of tires, I have kyb agx's set on 3 all around, progress spings, freedom strut bar. I drive all types of windy roads from 30-50mph to 70+.

I thought I already posted this stuff and saw it, mabe it got deleted or mabe im just not seeing my post and im on crack, well if posible just help me out
THanks

pinoyesv6
03-23-2004, 08:26 PM
for the brake pads, the pads of choice over in this forum are the axxis pads. people here really like them. one of the best out there in our market. if you do upgrade to nicer brake pads you might want to upgrade your rotors also if you are still wearing those stock rotors. high peformance pads tend to heat up hotter than the stock pads and will warp them stock rotors easier. something to thing about. but yea you can just change the stock front pads but i'd at least inspect the rear pads to make sure that they are ok.

for the camber problem first thing i'd do is get an alignment check. the check will show where your alignment problems lie. i dunno on which wheels they are wearing on but it will tell you also if you need a front, rear or both camber kits.

a camber kit doesn't set the camber back to zero. a camber kit allows for a greater range that you can correct your camber. if your camber is really off that bigger range will come in handy since the stock camber bolts don't really adjust.

atx
03-23-2004, 09:26 PM
well my camber is just fine and the tires would wear normal or perfect if i didnt drive windy roads super fast n thats not really what im worried about but i drive hard alot and put all the weight on the edges when i corner really hard (I do it alot). And if my tires have a more negitive camber "so my insides of tires have the most contact during most straight driving" then when i corner i should have better grip, so the camber kit i would be able to adjust it like that?