PDA

View Full Version : muffler for my V6 with a deep sound and can get loud at wot

atx
03-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Ok i got a magnaflow muffler and had piping made and all that, ive had it for about 6 months, its not a can style but like shaped like the oem one with some small tip on it. It looks nice and classy. Yet i cant hear any noise what so ever. The guy said itd be louder if i get my resonator removed so i had it done, and i still didnt get louder. It is silent. NOw i read about how if u dont have ur resonator on some mufflers they sound like SH*T. well that really sucks. But I would like a new muffler that is pretty cheap and i can actaully hear. Some people gave me sh*t because i wanted to have an exhaust that was could get loud and were sayin stuff performace bla bla bla. BUT anyways I myself would like to hear my exhaust, so what would u recomend for a cheap, good sounding muffler thats you can hear.

DryBear
03-23-2004, 10:28 PM
I guess "loud" is relative - I have a magnaflow as well, and I think it is kinda loud (but not too loud). What you really want is a Short Ram or CAI - at wot you'll love the sound :twisted: (check my www for sound clips)

Dark7GHawk
03-24-2004, 01:52 AM
links for sound clips on geocities coming up broken

DryBear
03-24-2004, 01:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dark7GHawk)</div><div class='quotemain'>links for sound clips on geocities coming up broken</div>

You have to right click and save the file (check the notice on the page)

Dark7GHawk
03-24-2004, 02:04 AM
oops, what I get for being impatient

sounds nice, gotta pic of that muffler?

nvm, Ill go look at the page

leadfoot
03-24-2004, 06:10 PM
i got a magnaflow have had it for about 8 months and about 2 months ago i heard it get broken in real well now it's nice and deep but if you want to get real loud get a short ram intake(i got AEM) and a set of header with 2.75 piping and a hi flow cat you can get these from ripp.

atx
03-24-2004, 06:45 PM
i am going to get an intake but i was going to get a cold air, ive heard intakes on cars n all i hear is swisssssssss sound, and my magnaflow is literally silent some if ur outside u cant really even tell if the car is on when its idiling, if i was to rev it from 1000-6000rpm all you would hear is the engine the whole time. I also want headers those xiracing ones sound pretty good but dont know n e one thats tested them. But I know those N1 turbo type mufflers sound like poo but do all can styles sound the same? What about those Ractive or whatever n I heard those obx ones sound good. Im lookn for a cheap alteritive if possible.

pinoyesv6
03-24-2004, 07:46 PM
my injen intake still out screams my muffler. anyday. but then i have the old skool 1st generation intake with the larger piping.

but yea, what kind of magnaflow do u have? is it like an oem replacement magnaflow or is it like a peformance magnaflow? i've heard a straight thru peformance magnaflow muffler and it is definitely louder than stock. so yea, you might want to look into a straigh thru muffler, even in an oval can. they will sound louder than the stock mufflers out there.

can mufflers don't all sound the same. especially over time. i have a canister muffler that was imported from asia. its really quiet. i was suprised at how quiet it was. especially cuz of the size, my muffler is slightly larger than the stock resonator. hell, i can put my muffler into my friend's apex-i n1 muffler lol. but yea look around the forums, run a search. many people have been through this before and there are many testimonials about different mufflers

My99GTZ
03-25-2004, 12:45 AM
Brospeed Prosport muffler is awesome.. thats all I can say...

Bad Galant
04-27-2004, 03:13 AM
How does that Bosal Prosport exhaust sound? Do you have the V6??