PDA

View Full Version : question about visor strip/eyelids

cardude03
03-23-2004, 08:19 PM
hey guys, today i went to a tint shop near me and asked about getting a visor strip, and eyelids/eyebrows, but in the color of my car (02 pearl/offwhite whatever color), in vinyl, and he said he didnt have the exact color, but he haid some that might be close. then i started thinking, what if i did mirror tint on my visor strip, u think it will look good? BTW, i got 35% tint in front, and 18% in back, and then, is it possible to maybe put mirror tint for eyebrows?

pinoyesv6
03-23-2004, 08:32 PM
the thing with mirror tint is that the mirror is on the sticky side. so that wouldn't work as your eyebrows unless you were to crack open the headlights and put them on there. as for the visor, well i dunno about your windshield but the top of my windshield, both my aftermarket and the one that came with the car both came with a built in tint strip. so if you were to put that on, it might not show as much. i dunno if you wanted the tint or the mirror but if you want mirror, you might want to try a mirror or chrome vinyl.

xSILENTx
03-23-2004, 08:57 PM
I'm not really a fan of the mirror tint but since you have a silver car it might not look bad. How big of a strip are you getting?Cause that silver will really stick out for cops to see. i went with 12 inch but after my next inspection going to 14"

cardude03
03-23-2004, 09:19 PM
okay, well i guess we can forget about the mirror tint, umm, my car isnt silver :puzzled1: , its that offwhite color, like i said in the first post. well, i could go for the mirror vinyl, but im thinking it might stick out too much. well i guess i can leave the visor as is. but i am still interested in the eyebrows. i know there is alot of info from searching, but i couldnt find anything about what someone would do if they had this specific color, is there somewhere where i could find our color in vinyl, or is there somewhere where i could get it custom? is there anybody here with the offwhite color that has eyebrows?

pinoyesv6
03-24-2004, 07:27 PM
how about paint?? there's an option

a few people have painted directly onto their headlights the design of the eyebrows...

for something a lil less permanent, you can put the vinyl on and then paint over that. or maybe get some clear headlight covers and paint the eyebrow design over that.

cardude03
03-24-2004, 08:39 PM
paint might work, but where could i get some that would match the dover white perfectly? is there a way i could ask my bodyshop to do it? well anyways, there is some sort of discussion on GF about someone making some vinyl ones that would actually match the dover white, and the guy said if they are made, it would only be around 10 bucks, so i would definitely just do that cuz it seems like the best way out, but its not for sure yet, i just put my name on the list, and so if any of you guys might be interested in it, just search it up on GF, and maybe we can get it rollin.

pinoyesv6
03-24-2004, 08:43 PM
your body shop can get the dover white color paint easily.

you might want to try a paint store that sells car paint, either one locally or one online like paintscratch.com. they can mix and sell you a can of that paint that would match the dover white color. thats another option.