PDA

View Full Version : Rolling fenders..

vectorz
03-25-2004, 06:50 PM
I'm in Los Angeles area, does anyone know where I can get my fenders rolled? Preferrably south bay.

Will rolling fenders even help? I have some stock 17" rims off a 350z, and it's a bit wide. It rubs on dips and sharp turns. It's width makes it stick out a tad farther than the fender by I'd say 1/4 inch. Will rolling my fenders even help?

pinoyesv6
03-25-2004, 07:23 PM
rolling the fenders pretty much folds over that lil lip the inside of the fender. but since the wheels sticks out past the fender, well, if you're rubbing on the lil lip now. then rolling the fender will make sure that you don't rub on that lip. but as a result of that you're gonna start to rub on the curvature of the fender.

akiraflux
03-25-2004, 08:11 PM
http://66.98.150.64/~clubtgc/forum/viewtop...pic.php?t=24768 ('http://66.98.150.64/~clubtgc/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24768')

that may answer more questions too

vectorz
03-26-2004, 12:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>rolling the fenders pretty much folds over that lil lip the inside of the fender. but since the wheels sticks out past the fender, well, if you're rubbing on the lil lip now. then rolling the fender will make sure that you don't rub on that lip. but as a result of that you're gonna start to rub on the curvature of the fender.</div>

Gotcha, so I'll probably actually rub on the fender itself. Is there anything else I can do to get some more clearance, or keep the car from sinking so low when i hit dips or have heavy people in the back?

TITAN
03-26-2004, 08:19 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vectorz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>rolling the fenders pretty much folds over that lil lip the inside of the fender. but since the wheels sticks out past the fender, well, if you're rubbing on the lil lip now. then rolling the fender will make sure that you don't rub on that lip. but as a result of that you're gonna start to rub on the curvature of the fender.</div>

Gotcha, so I'll probably actually rub on the fender itself. Is there anything else I can do to get some more clearance, or keep the car from sinking so low when i hit dips or have heavy people in the back?</div>

yes.

buy some Kyb AGX adjustable struts, and set them on "rock hard". then you can buy a strut tower bar, and maybe get one of the CSK-C from D3. ST bar and CSK will help prevent body roll, the KYBs will keep it from bottoming out

maybe this helps.

Reelax
03-26-2004, 02:07 PM
if you are not currently tucking to the wheels (rim), then you can simply get narrower tires. try 215/45zr17 or 225/45zr17 since the stock tire on the 350z is 225/50zr17 in the front and 235/50zr17 in the rear.

vectorz
04-05-2004, 04:19 PM
If I get the KYB's and set them to 'rock hard', will it be a really rough ride?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TITAN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vectorz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>rolling the fenders pretty much folds over that lil lip the inside of the fender. but since the wheels sticks out past the fender, well, if you're rubbing on the lil lip now. then rolling the fender will make sure that you don't rub on that lip. but as a result of that you're gonna start to rub on the curvature of the fender.</div>

Gotcha, so I'll probably actually rub on the fender itself. Is there anything else I can do to get some more clearance, or keep the car from sinking so low when i hit dips or have heavy people in the back?</div>

yes.

buy some Kyb AGX adjustable struts, and set them on "rock hard". then you can buy a strut tower bar, and maybe get one of the CSK-C from D3. ST bar and CSK will help prevent body roll, the KYBs will keep it from bottoming out

maybe this helps.</div>

TITAN
04-05-2004, 09:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vectorz)</div><div class='quotemain'>If I get the KYB's and set them to 'rock hard', will it be a really rough ride?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TITAN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vectorz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>rolling the fenders pretty much folds over that lil lip the inside of the fender. but since the wheels sticks out past the fender, well, if you're rubbing on the lil lip now. then rolling the fender will make sure that you don't rub on that lip. but as a result of that you're gonna start to rub on the curvature of the fender.</div>

yes.

maybe this helps.</div></div>

well yes. but i believe there are 4 settings. 1-4 so lets say that 1 is soft and 4 is rock hard. (not actually rock hard. its not a rally car, for godsakes) if you were driving around city, you could set them on 2. or, if you gonna jump on highway for maybe 15 mins or less you might want to set them on the 4. if you gonna be travelling to a different state, then you might only wanna use the 3 setting. make sense? just gotta feel them out, ya know. nobody that i know has ever said that they are sooo hard that they are unbearable. they have always said that the lowering springs were the ones that really sucked. so C/O and some good Kyb struts will do you right

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

vectorz
04-12-2004, 12:33 PM
Is it possible that I can just raise the back by an inch or two? I saw a Camry this weekend that had 20's so they had to raise their car on all fours, looked awful, but I'm hoping since I only have to raise the back, it won't be so bad.

TITAN
04-12-2004, 04:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vectorz)</div><div class='quotemain'>Is it possible that I can just raise the back by an inch or two? Â*I saw a Camry this weekend that had 20's so they had to raise their car on all fours, looked awful, but I'm hoping since I only have to raise the back, it won't be so bad.</div>

omg dude. no you dont need to raise it. at all. whoever that was, was retarded...or had bags.

akiraflux
04-12-2004, 05:29 PM
you pay shipping both ways + $50 and you can borrow my fender roller for 5 days.