PDA

View Full Version : Trunk lift system

Auto-9
09-23-2002, 12:15 PM
Any idea what is involved in changing from the arms system in the trunk to a hydraulic type, i.e. Toyota Sienna/BMW 3 series? I think it might save some room in the trunk, I had a heck of a time trying to cram stuff that had higher clearance requirements. Anyone clueless? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Ghost Beat
09-23-2002, 02:53 PM
there's allready been talk of this ive been wanting to do it for ages and someone said they had done it and were supposed to post pictures of it if im right they never came up or atleast i never saw them but i most definately would like to do that it would free up a lot more room in the trunk with the arms gone and especialy with the cf hood on the way id like to throw those on there if the hood ever gets here that is...

pinoyesv6
09-23-2002, 07:07 PM
uhm you can add the hydrolic trunk lifts but uhm as for removing the arms, well ur venturing into unventured territory. besides putting in the lifts, you are gonna have to figure out how the trunk will pivot on some axis, maybe some hindges or something.

Auto-9
09-23-2002, 08:32 PM
Hmmm...good point. I'm gonna study the 2 examples I have ready access to (my 330 and my mom's Sienna) and see how they work. It'd be really nice if my Galant could have it...I've mashed enough stuff with the arms as it is.

CNascimento
09-23-2002, 10:10 PM
The eclipse hatch has this doesn't it?

pinoyesv6
09-23-2002, 10:11 PM
The eclipse hatch has this doesn't it?

yea but like the sienna, it has hindges @ the top of the hatch, that hindge is where the hatch pivots. now on the galant, he wants to remove the arms or where the lid pivots, and that bings him a new problem

Auto-9
09-23-2002, 11:42 PM
Yep Yep...might have to do some custom hinge work.

Ghost Beat
09-24-2002, 06:26 PM
let us know if you try it and if possible post some pics so i can do it too https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif