PDA

View Full Version : custom box

galantv600
03-28-2004, 12:52 PM
id post this in audio but wouldnt have luck IMO but if needed please move... i wanna c people subs in trunks... i wanna have a box that fits exactly in the back of the trunk perfectly wit the glass that i can see the subs n shit INSIDE... instead of all common box n two subs that u just see the piece of it hit.. so please post ur subs box n all cuz i know that Vegas Matt has SOMEWHAT what i want... but i saw some guys trunk wit JLs that were aimed toweards the cabin stead of the trunk lid... POST UP https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

The 99 Galant
03-28-2004, 03:04 PM
you should get this moved but you could always make a box to fire into the rear of the seats. I think its needs to be either ported or have chambers, i think. I'd try for a bandpass style or rip out the cardboard piece on the rear of the seat and have them fire into the seat.

extremsprt86
03-28-2004, 06:57 PM
i have experimented with aiming the subs at the seats, and at the trunk, the best sound quality was when it was aimed at the trunk. the guy who helped me install them said its b/c the bass has to have something to reflect off of before it reaches its peak sound level/quality. sumthin like that, but anyways, thats just my experience, try it a few ways and see how it works for you.

Serstylz2
03-28-2004, 07:02 PM
Do you think it will sound good to aim a bandpass at the rear seats and have it fire into the car? Since the subs have something to vibrate off of.. the actual plexi.. sorry for stealin the post if i did

Serstylz2
03-30-2004, 02:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Do you think it will sound good to aim a bandpass at the rear seats and have it fire into the car? Since the subs have something to vibrate off of.. the actual plexi.. sorry for stealin the post if i did
</div>

anyone got an answer? Roman I'm lookin at you..

roman
03-31-2004, 06:04 PM
lets start with this:
bandpass boxes suck; they are designed to play one note, and most of them are good for rap, but if you want to play rock, or techno, or other kind of music, it would realyl depend on the sub; it is also because its made to play one note, why they suck at playing other kinds of music

aiming the box: you really have to play around with aiming it and see what you like more; some people like it firing up, others facing taillights, others hitting right against back seat - so they can fold the back seat down and it also looks good
depending on the car(whether it has fold down seats or not) - you may gain up to 3db's by aiming your sub towards back seat and just by folding down the seat; works with sealed and ported boxes, probably would work with bandpass as well

the best thing to do is move the box around and see what you like more; I like my subs facing taillights in the cars that dont have fold down seats, and have subs fire into the cabin if seats fold down