PDA

View Full Version : More interior trim questions

NYmagicstk
03-31-2004, 04:26 PM
Hey everyone... How do you get the window defroster vents off to paint them on an '01 Galant. I haven't even tried yet, cause I don't want to break the things. Also, you know the big plastic peices that are on the sides of the front seats? They cover the seat belt on the wall, How do you get those off too?
It's raining here in NY today, hopefully tomorrow I'll clear my corners if it's nice. I printed out the tutorials, cause I'm a moron and I don't want to f**k anything major up.

RedGalant2k1
03-31-2004, 04:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NYmagicstk)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey everyone... How do you get the window defroster vents off to paint them on an '01 Galant. I haven't even tried yet, cause I don't want to break the things. </div>

I haven't removed mine, but they should simply have to be unclipped. Afterall they aren't held in by screws or anything, but hopefully someone has a more in depth response for at least this point.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Also, you know the big plastic peices that are on the sides of the front seats? They cover the seat belt on the wall, How do you get those off too? </div>

You have to remove the door sills first. I would recommend purchasing a 'trim panel remover' its a little easier to use, and safer than a screwdriver. But once those are off you can remove, or at least move those pieces covering the seatbelts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>It's raining here in NY today, hopefully tomorrow I'll clear my corners if it's nice. I printed out the tutorials, cause I'm a moron and I don't want to f**k anything major up.</div>

Good luck :wink: You'll be happy with the result, I know I was, and still am.

NYmagicstk
03-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Where does one purchase a "trim panel remover"?

NYmagicstk
03-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Oh, also... in reference to the poll. I currently have my subs bridged, is it better to do this, or just have them seperate???

RedGalant2k1
03-31-2004, 04:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NYmagicstk)</div><div class='quotemain'>Where does one purchase a "trim panel remover"?</div>

Any AutoParts store should have one.

If I remember right each sill has 4 plastic clips that help secure it to the side skirts, and there is a plastic clip that rests on the metal lip in the middle of the actual door sill, not the plastic sill cover. That grey or tan plastic cover is what you want to remove using the trim panel remover.

And btw, its called exactly that a 'trim panel remover'.

SilverKnight
04-02-2004, 12:48 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NYmagicstk)</div><div class='quotemain'>Oh, also... in reference to the poll. I currently have my subs bridged, is it better to do this, or just have them seperate???</div>

bridged is better, because of the lower ohm's your putting on the amp the more power that get's to the subs.

pinoyesv6
04-02-2004, 12:54 AM
most of our trim pieces are held in by either screws or friction clips. the screws are pretty visible or they would have a cap covering the screws. as for the friction clips, you can pull the trim pieces off by just pulling on them. many of them are stubborn and you have to pull harder. but it can be done. the trim planel remover just makes things a lil easier on your hands.

NYmagicstk
04-03-2004, 02:34 AM
Oh aight thanx. Once I get my int. painted, I'll post the pics on my cardomain page.

TWISTED II
04-03-2004, 04:15 AM
yeah, the piece that covers the seat belt. also no screws or anything, just a huge pain in the ass. you need to kinda unclip it from the door sill, so do that first, then ya kinda have to unwrap it off the car. just start from one side and you hafta take one side off at a time. then to install back, you hafta put it onto one side, then wrap it over. wrap is an odd word, but you'll see what i mean when you get to the car.

The 99 Galant
04-03-2004, 11:25 AM
mine were held in by lil tabs but not hard to get off. As far as subs go, bridging runs an amp at a harder and hotter level. make sure if you live in a place where it gets real hot, like NC here in the summer, you have a fan or two for the amp. I have 3 fans in the back and it keeps them real cool.