View Full Version : Anyone's throttle ever get stuck?

brandon
04-01-2004, 12:56 PM
I think mine is getting stuck... car kinda jumps a bit but only right around 2000-2500 RPMs.

If it's happened to you, is this how it felt and was it only in a certain range?

peanotation
04-01-2004, 01:02 PM
yeah, that was happened to me for a while. i believe i narrowed it down to the throttle body. the TB valve/spring thingy is getting stuck to the screw that adjusts your idle. dont fuck around with the screw, but sand a little bit off the head of it so it doesn't stick so much. usually its a result of cold weather and some sort of annoying residue.

i remember it would get stuck, and if you pushed a little harder, it would finally jump open and lurch the car a little bit. is that what you were talking about? or did i miss your question entirely.

brandon
04-01-2004, 02:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>i remember it would get stuck, and if you pushed a little harder, it would finally jump open and lurch the car a little bit. is that what you were talking about? or did i miss your question entirely.</div>

Nope, that's exactly what's happening.. I'll definitely try that and hope it helps, thanks!

RedGalant2k1
04-01-2004, 02:33 PM
It would probably be good to clean the Throttle body too.

4-G-rim
04-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Not in a Galant...but it did once in a Ford Taurus I was renting :shock: I would check the throttle cable and see if there is anything "loose" in the gas pedals assembly.