View Full Version : What Coil Overs Are Best?

Bad Galant
04-02-2004, 07:55 PM
I was just wondering what Coil Over kit is the best right now for the 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 ES. I have Intrax Lowering Springs, with a 2 inch drop, since they came out for our car and I hate the ride. I'm looking for something more comfortable and soft. Money is no option. Any suggestions would be helpful.

sethmo
04-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Tein Flex kit(coilovers + adj struts) = $1200-1300 .... hands down

Bad Galant
04-02-2004, 08:00 PM
I thought Tein wasn't going to make a kit for our car after all?

Bad Galant
04-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Do you have the Tein kit on your car? How is the ride?? Is it worth the money???

pinoyesv6
04-02-2004, 08:41 PM
tein and JIC both make coilover kits that are made for the 3g eclipse. not 100% sure if the JIC kit will fit since i haven't seen any members with it on but DANJ has teh tein ss-p dampers on his galant and they were made for the 3g eclipse. you might wanna contact him if you want more info about them.

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
04-03-2004, 03:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bad Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was just wondering what Coil Over kit is the best right now for the 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 ES. Â*I have Intrax Lowering Springs, with a 2 inch drop, since they came out for our car and I hate the ride. Â*I'm looking for something more comfortable and soft. Money is no option. Â*Any suggestions would be helpful.</div>

Well i cant help help you too much but i just put a cheap set of coilovers on (racer design) from Norcal performance. And i hate the ride , so now I'm looking into springs so i can get closer to normal ride quality. But most members are saying GC coilovers are nice around $400.

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
04-03-2004, 03:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bad Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was just wondering what Coil Over kit is the best right now for the 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 ES. Â*I have Intrax Lowering Springs, with a 2 inch drop, since they came out for our car and I hate the ride. Â*I'm looking for something more comfortable and soft. Money is no option. Â*Any suggestions would be helpful.</div>

Well i cant help help you too much but i just put a cheap set of coilovers on (racer design) from Norcal performance. And i hate the ride , so now I'm looking into springs so i can get closer to normal ride quality. But most members are saying GC coilovers are nice around $400.

COgalant
04-05-2004, 07:03 PM
GC's are nice. They have an unprecendented reputation on such cars as BMW and Audi, as are far as price, warrantly, and ride...they cant be beat.