PDA

View Full Version : If you have the Ractive Type STB..... read please

Mitsufied
09-23-2002, 01:19 PM
I purchased the Ractive Type 8 STB a few months ago, but I didn't install it until last weekend.

I followed ALL the instructions, and it mounted fine.

I took the car out for a test drive...... I noticed that my handling was a bit off.

I decided to adjust the STB (it's an adjustable). I cross threaded one of the bolts that attach the bar to the bases.

Went to Home Depot and got bolts with nuts.

I re-mounted the STB.

This weekend, my brother and I decided to ATTEMPT to install my front coilovers only..... (I need to replace rear bushings before I lower the back). We were bored and decided this would be fun.

Well I cross-threaded the Home Depot bolts when trying to remove the STB.

I've noticed though that the STB does not line up perfect with the bases, and this might be causing the cross-threading.

** I recall that someone posted on the OLD TGC forum that there was a right and wrong way to install the Ractive Type 8 STB? Is this true?

Someone said that you have to reverse the 'base plates' to mount the STB?

Can someone shed some light on this before I try this.

Thanks,

Mitsufied

Jesse
09-23-2002, 01:55 PM
I had no problems installing it normally.

Kain
09-23-2002, 02:00 PM
If it went on, than it's on correctly. Out of the box, some are assembled wrong and will not go on until you turn the base plates around. Umm, I had the bolts crossthread on mine too. I just replaced them with some bolts from a Nissan 300ZX I had lying around. Worked marvelously. When buying automotive bolts, you should always buy automotive grade. Not Home Depot grade. Go to NAPA and get your bolts, and you won't have the problem any more.

Mitsufied
09-23-2002, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the response guyz

schick
09-23-2002, 07:21 PM
Had no problems with mine, just had to rotate it so the hood could clear it and wouldn't rub on it.

2True
09-25-2002, 12:36 PM
Mine cost $38

Got it from the most random place: www.truckperformance.com LOL

They sell them everywhere... must be why they are always on backorder. :roll:

Galant Ryder
09-26-2002, 04:17 PM
if you go to nopionline.com you can find the Ractive type 8 for $34.65. after shipping and all its about 43 or so. not to sure bout that. thats were i got mine.