PDA

View Full Version : painting

galantv600
04-04-2004, 06:43 PM
im gonna do the second part of paintin my inteior trim parts... how do i take the center air conditioning thing out? i took the defrost ones off and the side airs but how i take the center one out?! HELP ASAP!!!! im gone clean it wit alcohol then prime. then paint, hten clearcoat... sound slike a sexy plan huh? 8)

and yes i ran a search NOTIN FOUND ;(

IceDouTGaLanT
04-04-2004, 07:02 PM
hey its real simple get an minus screw driver and i put some black tape on it. So u done put an hole in ur leather dash. Okay start at the top on the unit and put it in thiers 2-3 clips push down and it become loose. Do the same with the bottom and u gota like jiggle it an little and it pops right out . Some times the black vent thing pops out but it pops in easly. I hope this Helps. If its still confusing PM me.

-Ron

galantv600
04-04-2004, 07:21 PM
gone try that out tonight!!!!! thanks for the fast reply!! i love u :wink:

just playin wi tya https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif thanks tho!

pinoyesv6
04-04-2004, 10:22 PM
wehat i did was remove the bezel that goes around the ac controls and the head unit. then i slipped my fingers between the head unit and the vents and i worked them out by pusing up on the bottom adn pushing them out.

galantv600
04-05-2004, 11:47 AM
i was able to get it out wit a screwdirver... im at shcoo and the pieces should be ready for the second hand of paint when i get home... one thing tho, when i am ready to put it back togther.. how do i put the air control thingy back in place... for some reason i was playin around and i couldnt figure out 100% how to put it back in... u got the cirle on one side and the other side a cut out where u have to stick in that weird 5 sided piece... anyone got pics of can explain it really well that i can understand :oops: thanks for everything!!!!!

shuura
04-05-2004, 05:50 PM
e-mail me. I have a pdf file with diagrams on removing the dash. you can reverse the process for replacing it. [email protected]

tribal
04-10-2004, 08:41 AM
anyone have any tips for getting the door pannels off? I couldn't figure it out. Thanks.

galantv600
04-10-2004, 02:44 PM
take the screws out.. u open the door and there is on on the door open handle thingy inside.. u take that out... u take the screw out the places u old to close the door inside.. there one in there... then there are 2 screws maybe hidden or maybe visible... when u open the door theres a part that u dont see whan u close... under the mirror inside piece... then u take those 2 i beileve out.. then hold from bottom and just snap it off cuz its held in by clips 8)

DryBear
04-11-2004, 01:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>wehat i did was remove the bezel that goes around the ac controls and the head unit. then i slipped my fingers between the head unit and the vents and i worked them out by pusing up on the bottom adn pushing them out.</div>

Thanks bro for this tip - I pulled out my head unit and was able to pop out the center vents from underneath in seconds!

Quesiton about the trim piece where the window switches are - do you have to take off the whole door panel to get em off?

Niytrus
04-11-2004, 01:30 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WanderingPinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>wehat i did was remove the bezel that goes around the ac controls and the head unit. then i slipped my fingers between the head unit and the vents and i worked them out by pusing up on the bottom adn pushing them out.</div>

Thanks bro for this tip - I pulled out my head unit and was able to pop out the center vents from underneath in seconds!

Quesiton about the trim piece where the window switches are - do you have to take off the whole door panel to get em off?</div>

Yes you do, they are held on on the inside of the panel. Unscrew the panel, pop it off the door, lift upwards, and its off. Simple job once you get the first one off.