PDA

View Full Version : AGH!

LJM9000
04-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Ok well i think there may be a problem with my tranny. I have a 95 s auto. This just started happening recently. When i am at a complete stop and i give the car gas to i can feel a sort of shaking while the car is trying to start moving. Sometimes it picks up right away and moves, but other times it just keeps doing that and it takes a while before it will move. Can it be that maybe i need my trans fluid changed? It shouldnt be the tranny, because when i bought the car last summer the guy said that he had bought it from an auto auction for real cheap, and figured out later that he had to get the tranny rebuilt, which he did. So, i dont think that should be it. Any ideas or suggestions?

Moosh
04-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Have the tranny fluid flushed, $65 risk, if it works then you'll be happy you dont have to rebuild your tranny. If it doesnt work, then you only lost $65 and can think about rebuilding it.

JiP
04-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Keep in mind that certain problems with transmission will get much worse with a flush. Its kinda like the gunk in the trany is whats holding it together. At that point your tranny is gonna die on you anyway very soon so...if you need sometime to save up cash for a rebuild maybe u wanna wait a little before a flush.

Then again, a flush may cure ur problems right away ... trannys are too hard to diagnose.

Rob

rfpa1
04-09-2004, 06:18 AM
Check your engine mounts also.

Also, I have to say that before you change your tranny oil, check for the color of the oil. If it looks brown, you need the bands. (I learned this from an old timer that showed me how to rebuild this tranny). And you need to take it to a tranny place. Now if you go to amco, do not use their tranny oil because is toooooooooo heavy for our tranny, it will work, if they use it, leave it for about 500 miles, then change it back to MITSU oil and the tranny will behave better.

How are the revs on your engine when this happens, do they fluctuate or they stay steady.

LJM9000
04-09-2004, 11:27 AM
The revs when this is happening dont fluctuate at all. Its just like i was moving except i am not. BTW what color should the tranny oil be when i test it?

Ositoyb
04-09-2004, 12:00 PM
1. new tranny oil is Pinkish/Purplish
2. Old Tranny fluid oil is dark brown/Black, and if your tranny is going, then there might be little pieces of metal on the dip stick.
This was just my experince with my tranny going, before i got it rebuilt. What i did at first was, flush. and a few months later the tranny died. after getting the flush, the oil was okay for a few months. then it looked black and there were little pieces of metal on the dip stick, which made it seem like the tranny was never flushed.

95vegasgalant
04-10-2004, 11:57 PM
:!: ATF is supposed to be changed once a year and smell it if it smells burnt change it your problem sounds like low tranny fluid