PDA

View Full Version : my poor poor g-ride ::sniff::

mitsuondubz
09-23-2002, 02:21 PM
ok well i got a question for everyone, before i have to take my car to the dealer, i went to put a new radio in that i got from a friend, everything went fine, i bought the wire harness for my 01 Ls and started pluggin it in, ive done a bunch of stereos in the past so i didnt think this would be a big deal. well the radio wouldnt work so i thought just the head unit was bad so i went to put my stock cd player back in and it wouldnt turn on so i was like wtf,, i made sure everything was plugged in right and still nothing.. well now after looking closer i have discovered that not only has my radio stopped working but now my keyless entry remote stopped working, the electronic door lock button on the inside of the car wont work unless the cars running.. my interior lights wont come on, the vanity mirror lights in the visor wont come on, the trunk light wont come on, and the dimmer switch for my gauges no longer works,,, so now i have no tunes and a bunch of other problems,,, any ideas would be greatly appreciated,, [/b]

Fishboy55
09-23-2002, 02:27 PM
You blew a fuse. This has happened to several people. Check all your fuses and replace the blown one(s) and you'll be fine.

Chip

Tazz2000
09-23-2002, 02:58 PM
OO OO I know this one. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

This happen to me when I was running my neons. Check in your engine, there's a fuse thing all by itself inside the big fuse box that's yellow with 2 10amp fuses. one or both of those are blown. It took me the longest time to do that. :biggrin:

Good Luck :thumbsup:

mitsuondubz
09-23-2002, 03:17 PM
sweeeeeeeeeet thanks guys, ill go try that and let ya know if it worked, it would save me a bullshit trip to the dealer,, what did i do wrong to blow the fuse if thats what it is? all i did was unplug one radio and start wirting up and new one,, ???

Tazz2000
09-23-2002, 04:01 PM
I crossed some wires about 7 times by accident. U may have hit it closer to the battery than I did. I was hitting in the trunk.

757Boyzgtz
09-24-2002, 11:45 PM
the others hit it on the head so theres nothin more for me to say but you blew a fuse