PDA

View Full Version : What to look for in a shop?

Andoy
04-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Going to have springs and rear camber kit installed but not sure where to take it ... a franchise type place (meineke, monro, firestone etc.) or a "speed" shop?? If they don't do too much of this kind of work I bet they'll give me a lot of crap about it ... don't want to get ripped off in price, service, etc...

pinoyesv6
04-13-2004, 12:03 PM
my suggestion is to shop around. maybe ask people in your area that have lowered cars where tehy got theirs done. the good part of going to a speed shop is that most of the time you can haggle your way down to a lower price easier than it would be if you were to go to like a chain store since most speed shops aren't chain stores. now the good part about the chain stores is that they would have some things like an alignment machine, which smaller stores might not have so you could score a great package deal. installation of the springs and an alignment.

and then there's that chance you could go to either of the stores and have a mechanic there that's willing to do it off to the side and you just pocket him a small wad of cash...